Anti sandbagging and other areas that need development and communication

This, in a nutshell, is why we must have pen enforcement before anything else - whether by w/kg, ZwiftPower categories, age, gender, even country.

Forget spending valuable time on Autocat, refining rankings, or performance-based categories - without enforcement, all of it will lead to the same disappointment with Zwift racing.

10 Likes

Please let me know as I will bring my sythe out of the shed for the occasion. :skull:

4 Likes

I guess I took the term “new year” too literally and was hoping the first few days into the new year would see the appearance of a new dawn of fair racing. My question should of been, which new year? The current one? Next one? Future one? Any one? Neptune year (over 60000 earth days)? Could be any of the above. As for getting the scythes out, I’m a pacifist by nature, but might take a scythe to my subscription at this rate.Should a solution be proffered to the masses, I don’t expect it to be perfect, with many a nuance to be ironed out, but anything has to be better than the current Zwift racing anarchy! The reason I posted the two images of the results was that a couple of D cats went blasting past the Cs and they started after the Cs as far as I am aware.

2 Likes

This has probably been said before, but they already have enforcement in the Companion app to keep men from joint women’s events, so the coding can’t be difficult for category enforcement. They will need to incorporate ZP into the Companion app to make it all inclusive.

2 Likes

Hey @xflintx, happy New Year!
Do you / Zwift HQ have a confirmed date for when category enforcement will be released? Is there anything else you can tell us about it?

1 Like

if we don’t see anything in the January update, time for the pitchforks

2 Likes

I did say in an earlier post I was a pacifist, but sod that, release the hounds as no reply from Zwift. I have even had two responses from Garmin in the last few days regarding a watch fault and a solution. It is a sad world when Garmin beat Zwift in communication and action. I was even expecting the normal response on here that the improvements were coming soon/sometime/very non-specific promises but not even that!

2 Likes

Hahaha let’s hold our horses a wee bit! In recent months, @xflintx has been pretty good at providing updates and getting back to us on this thread.
It’s easy for stuff to get lost or missed here since it became such a beast.

1 Like

Perhaps we start a new thread, delete this one and pretend this problem is only a recent development. I’m sure if we keep saying it to ourselves it will be true. @xflintx is probably as fed up as we are. I have had jobs in the past where I have had to tell clients the rosier side of a situation knowing full well the reality is oh so different and more weed like than rose like

3 Likes

This thread is my life’s work, I’m not deleting it!

10 Likes

the hounds will be released in a future patch, TBA.

What do you guys’ think Should we close this thread and start a 2022 version and see if we can get to 2022 posts before the end of the year? :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I suspect Flint would probably start to dig his own grave if he had to go through another 2500 posts of this.

7 Likes

Then I suggest we all chant the following…
All is good-Racing is fair-No cheats exist-Unicorns are real

No, keep this thread going. I prefer having a never-ending thread to remind them how they’ve done absolutely nothing to address the issue.

EDIT: And if we sweep it under a rug and start a new thread, how would new racers come here and realize this has been a problem for several years?

3 Likes

The original article on Zwift Insider about anti-sandbagging measures is from April 2020 … almost 2 years ago.
Enough said :frowning:

1 Like

Exactly, we could do new racers a favour and let them believe this is just a new-temporary issue that has only just arisen, a bit like not telling kids about Santa. You know the truth may come out but the ignorance causes a blissful utopia

3 Likes

It goes back even further. look for Auto-Assign Race Categories (2018)

3 Likes

Dont believe you, it is a new issue.
unicorn

Assume you can’t offer any juicy nuggets James?