Anti sandbagging and other areas that need development and communication

pro eracing is the crossfit business model of having the racing be a billboard for the regular app sub fees. buy a gym contract and do turkish getups and box jumps and you too can be like the SARM riddled suckers competing for, realistically, negative profit in the crossfit games. although obviously the actual crossfit athletes are just doing regular s+c training

1 Like

They give Lance a platform, as bad as Ben Foster is for Sandbagging, giving Lance a platform means Zwift obviously has no morals or concerns over who they promote.

And no it’s not a drug thing… it’s the bullying non cyclists who put his drug thing at risk and never apologising for ruining their lives on purpose. Lots took drugs at the time, only one of them took pleasure in ruining people who weren’t cyclists lives.

Zwift HQ don’t get to take any moral high ground whilst being in bed with Lance/Wedu

7 Likes

And just when Youtube has removed the downvote button.

Zwift has a bad reputation for cheating amongst non-zwifters and Zwift don’t seem to care to change that one little bit.

3 Likes

Is this not sorted as of yet??? We might as well get rid of race cats. Completely pointless. Just like having a speed limit but don’t worry you can go as fast as you like.

2 Likes

That’s basically how I found Zwift.

1 Like

Hey come on now. Zwift recently became an open beta to the public in May of 2015. Do you expect them to drop everything they’re doing to make some racers happy?

3 Likes

I have done some open races lately and I have to say that I really am surprised over how many strong b riders there are. Raced against a guy with a 5,62 W/kg 5 min today, of course this guy goes ahead and wins the race. The other races I’ve raced before and after Christmas has had some superhuman b racers as well. I really can’t see the point of having categories when it’s so easy to cruise in them

3 Likes

Of all people Ben Foster should really be able to grasp what promotion and relegation is.

5 Likes

His goal was to graduate to cat B
:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

6 Likes

I also saw the interview and thought “dude you were a B since Desember 2020” :thinking::thinking:

6 Likes

I think his FTP would need to be 5wkg before he graduated to cat B.

BTW I hear Zwift is changing their motto from “Fun is Fast” to “All the kool kids cheat”

12 Likes

he only won two races out of his last 20-30, not really seeing what the problem is

It’s all clickbait, trying to stay in the public eye for something he was already capable of doing.

In that vein, I’m starting a weekly podcast about my year-long uphill struggle to finish a pizza in one sitting :smirk:

:musical_note: Money for nothing and the clicks are free :musical_note:

7 Likes

That is the sad part. :joy::joy:

All other races he got UPG, therefore no result.

4 Likes

So how come he did manage to not get UPG in those C races? They didn’t even have post-hoc category enforcement or ZP bug? (Especially strange with gold in one half of Oh Crit and UPG in the other.)

1 Like

He might end up in B if Watford get relegated.

3 Likes

Could be me, but it feels like the chorus of discontent with the current racing set up, sandbaggers etc seems to be increasing among wider than this group and to the more casual racers.

5 Likes

Well, the new year arrives and last I read Zwift was going to give us a New Years present of progress on cat enforcement and better racing. Signed up for a race today in the hope that something had improved (I didn’t expect progress in the holidays) and surprise surpise, nothing. I even got my sons to try a trial on zwift and both of them duly entered a D cat, got blown out the back and both have said they wouldn’t bother again as pointless. Neither expected to win, but at least hoped to stay a little in the mix, but no, the front runners were putting out 400w consistantly at first, averaging anywhere from 4.8-7kwg for several minutes. I wonder how much lost revenue it will take for zwift to take action.
I get that “something” is coming soon, but you cannot base a reputation on what you are going to do. Maybe I have missed something in a previous post on a “promised” date, but in fairness over 2200 posts would indicate the opposite of progress or the realisation of the drean of fair racing. So how about it Zwift, a date please, an actual date, no rhetoric that the magical powrs to be have to receive the request, approve it and then float thin nuggets of shiny promises back down the river to the paying customer awaiting any small offerring. As for my race today, same as usual, normal sandbagging, weight dopers etc, guess it is normal service resumed.

5 Likes

I read their response as “you will get it in the new year”, not specifically on exactly new years day - which would be a bad idea from a support perspective since you don’t want people who’ve had a lot of champagne the night prior to be fixing live site bugs in an update on new year’s day :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yup, I was never expecting anything this week.
My arbitrary date for sharpening the pitchforks, lighting the torches and raising the angry mob will be the last Friday of January, the 28th.

5 Likes