Zwift's Predecessor

(Noel Nunkovich *USMES*) #1

@Jon Mayfield:

I was really interested to read your blog post about the history of, and predecessors to, Zwift. I actually swapped a few emails about the jmX Trainer app a couple of years ago and, based on how similar Zwift looks, I was wondering if the “JM” in “jmX” was you, and thinking it probably was. I’m REALLY glad your program finally got the backing it needed to progress. It’s come a long way and it’s just getting better.

Keep up the great work!

(J im Hubbard (D)) #2

Jon , enjoyed reading the history of Zwift and the pictures of the past . Looking forward to seeing a " Pain Portal " :slight_smile:

(Jon Mayfield) #3

Noel, indeed it looks like we talked back in Sept 2012 about jmX Trainer Coach aka VRBike Trainer. Great to see you on here! It’s come a long way, but now that we’ve got a team built here and users to appease hopefully 2015 will bring the biggest improvements yet. Thanks for the kind words.

Jim, thanks - it does seem those Pain Portals struck a chord with quite a few people. During a hard interval it seems like it’d be great to literally see the light at the end of the tunnel, which was where the idea of the portals started from. I can’t make any promises about it, but I suspect they’ll work their way back in at some point.