Zwiftpower is down

(lukas ranicar) #1

Zwiftpower.com is down and it just hit me how much my enjoyment of zwift is tied to this other website. do you have plans to bring this functionality yourselves? I find zwift much less engaging without this.

(Daren Chandisingh [Vision]) #2

@Vincent just tagging you to say that the link highlighting on this post isn’t working (for me anyway), even though it’s a new one.

Update: it seems it changes colour for visited links. By which time it’s too late to be useful. :wink:

(Daren Chandisingh [Vision]) #3

On topic: Zwift have done quite a lot to support racing within the game, but as far as I know it’s still not “official” as such. Maybe still very much a community-generated meta-game that they’re willing to support in small ways, but not really part of the core offering.

I dare say racing on Zwift is a minority occupation (I’ve no numbers to support this, but races tend to have 10s of people even if there are thousands on the server), so it wouldn’t really get as much developer time devoted to it as something that affects the majority of Zwifters.

I do wish they’d offer to sort of stuff we can get from Strava Premium though. I don’t want to pay two subscriptions for something I feel I should get from the core product. I won’t be surprised if that’s also a minority view though…

(lukas ranicar) #4

I think its official when they organise zwift national championships, with winners jerseys.

(Daren Chandisingh [Vision]) #5

Good point. I think racing in a wider sense however is far lower down the pecking order. Did the NC races require ZwiftPower? I didn’t take part, so I’ve no idea TBH.

Zwift have a close working relationship with the ZwiftPower team. I think they see it as a worthy community effort to support, but not something that’s mandatory to use of Zwift (again coming back to racing being a minority thing).

So I don’t expect them to pull that stuff into the core product any time soon, especially when there are so many things they could do to benefit a much wider proportion of their player base.

(Vincent W.) #6

Yeah we realized that, should be making a change soon. Thank you for the heads up! :smiley: