Zwiftpower .fit file processing stuck?

My Monday evening race finally processed, roughly 48 hours later. But I notice all entries are using live data rather than the activity FIT file. So even now it’s still not properly done, I guess? Improved performance, they said…

1 Like

My Sunday morning race finally processed with the FIT file! Wooo progress :upside_down_face:

Up to 49,000 pending!

Yes my 100,000 estimate by Sunday is looking ever more likely. We’re at 49,500 with Thursday night peak to go and tour of new york starting tomorrow. Most of those stages have 750-1,000 already signed up. So that alone will add 5,000+ on each of the next three days.

3 Likes

…and we’re past 54k now. Guess we’ll soon see if it goes to zero after 65535…

2 Likes

The worrying thing is I don’t think Zwift have acknowledged the issue…

Update:- some fella on FB Zwift Racers said that Zwift are aware and are addressing issue.

3 Likes

Since the weekend, Zwiftpower has taken about 72 hours to process rides I did last Sa, Su, Mo. As mentioned elsewhere, what was the purpose of last month’s updates if not to improve performance? Ridership is up during the plague, but I find it hard to imagine that it spiked so much over the weekend that processing times have more than doubled. Grateful for the service, but flawless execution is the first rule of building mind space equity with target consumers. Cheers, folks!

1 Like

Just got my data from Tuesdays ZRL race. The live data that is. The 20 min power is lower than the average for the whole race. This is not the first time. I hope the fit file will pull thru to correct but there is 55000 fit files in the queue. I wonder if they ever will come thru…

WTRL mentioned in a facebook comment that “Zwift have been made aware of this and they are actively increasing its capacity to process one file at a time to do multiple. It may take a day or 2 to get correct but we should see that number reduce back to normal levels soon”.

I also emailed Zwift about this the other day but haven’t had a response yet.

It’s really worrying that they apparently had to be made aware of this. The unprocessed queue should surely be on the top-5 of metrics to monitor for Zwiftpower?

Combined with the continued radio silence, it doesn’t paint a particularly reassuring picture for keeping Zwiftpower operational.

1 Like

54k now. It’s only going up, can’t process more than are newly occurring.

Public service announcement: files currently being processed are from Tuesday morning (UTC).

3 Likes

Still waiting since Wednesday … but the queue says 24K on my race, yet 57k when I click on other races … what’s with that?? Different servers or ???

Another public service announcement: the head of the queue is now in the EMEA ZRLs (early Tuesday evening UTC), almost exactly 10 hours’ worth of files have been processed in the past 20 hours.

This is definitely getting a bit annoying. Right or wrong I use the Zwift power breakdowns for some historical analysis post rides for myself.

Currently have an event from 48 hours ago that have not updated.

60 thousand FIT files in the queue - will it reach 100k !

1 Like

What are the odds of them running out of disk space for fit files before they fix this issue?

Should we try and crowd source the funds for Zwift to put a full time developer on this? Shocking for a company valued at $1B but that seems to be where we are…

It’s beyond pathetic

waves at @xflintx

Maybe they spent the $450m all on the smart bike and haven’t got enough for some more servers?

Now at Wednesday evening UTC.