Zwiftpower Disqualification Tag "SANDBAGGING"?

You clearly weren’t that bothered with “competitiveness” of the race…cruising around at sub-130bpm…so why get so uptight about the result?

5 Likes

How are you still a Cat C rider? Looking at your power, now I would say that is unjust, I am a Cat B and 7kg lighter but I would struggle to hold your wheel.
15sec- 869(you) 745(me)
1min- 585(you) 378(me)
5min- 388(you) 296(me)
20min- 292(you) 271(me)
FTP- 277(you) 276(me)

13 Likes

Because of the sandbagging

15 Likes

because he is 7 kg heavier that is more than 8 percent.

1 Like

I’ll add my 2cts; I think the question that is being discussed here is: at which point does “race craft” (burn your matches where it matters) become “cruising” (deliberately under-performing to shoot away at key sectors). This may be difficult to define, especially when your 1m and 5m power are your strong points on the power curve - i.e. the pursuiter type of rider.

As far as I am aware, however, the classes are meant to reflect your actual FTP. Although 95% of 20min race power is used to estimate the riders FTP, there is an obvious reason why this may be sub optimal. To find out if you belong to cat C or B, you might consider doing an FTP test or an attempt up the Alpe or Epic KOM + Radio tower (less ideal) - obviously pushing to the best of your abilities.

I’ll also second what has been said before. You’ll be fine racing in B, which may give you fewer race victories but a much better workout.

4 Likes

Race organisers are members of the community who can manage their races as they see fit. Nothing to do with Zwift. If you don’t like this particular race organiser, don’t enter their races. (also, stop sandbagging).

9 Likes

looking at zwiftpower you have done almost 400 races which is impressive. it looks like you used to race regularly in B category, why are you a C now? if you sort your race results by top 20 minute power, you have over 100 results with a 20 min power greater or equal to 3.2w/kg. i would say it is pretty obvious that you have B ability and B numbers but are making a point of it to keep the numbers just at the legal C limit. that is the definition of sandbagging no?

12 Likes
1. R.B 46:27 298w 172bpm +0'00" 4,45w/kg
2. O.E 50:24 240w 175bpm +3'57" 3,87w/kg
3. G.P 50:47 208w 161bpm +4'20" 3,47w/kg
4. F.D 50:50 266w 151bpm +4'23" 3,50w/kg
5. H.P 50:51 273w ---bpm +4'24" 3,90w/kg
6. K.C 51:18 264w ---bpm +4'51" 3,22w/kg
7. I.C 51:38 253w 170bpm +5'11" 3,56w/kg
8. T.Y 51:38 201w ---bpm +5'11" 3,65w/kg
9. T.R 52:11 237w 135bpm +5'44" 2,76w/kg
10.J.F.52:25 215w 153bpm +5'58" 3,20w/kg

This is a typical result of my Zwift races.
I finish 9th in Zwift. Number 7 is the one who is dq by Zwfitpower, 10th is in results. Rest of this top 10 is not registered at Zwiftpower.
Who is a sandbagger in this race? The racer with 4.45W/kg or the other one with 2.76W/kg? Who races with 100% at FTP (and so with 100% hr) in a race that you can’t win?
By the way, take a look at winner of B cat or the others racing with an average under hr 130 - all have to be disqualified. 6th of B has a max. hr of 145 - oh my god, is he sleeping on bike?

We talk about rules nothing else. We don’t talk about unwritten rules that nobody knows.

So, nobody else in the hole Zwiftpower world is disqulified for low hr figures - except of me!
There is a unwritten rule that works only for me? Why does it not have effect to others?

4.45 wkg at Cat C should get a Life ban. and place 2-5 isnt any better

4 Likes

Looking at his numbers, yeah he’s epitome of a sandbagger. In fact he should have the tag affixed permanently to his name. And that audacity to complain…

8 Likes

I think this is a burning of witches: If I burn I’ll get my just punishment, if I don’t burn, I’m a witch and must be killed.

C’mon, don’t be ridiculous, you’re not a witch you’re plain sandbagger and got caught. Race in B, it will be better for you, better for all C you “raced” with.

6 Likes

It makes no sense showing Zwift results here. Everybody knows only Zwiftpower is (was?) the right place to look.
I would say if you are not happy with the race organisers why do you not organise yourself?

2 Likes

Race organizer behave like kings - you can’t do anything against a disqualification. They make their own rules - after race. And there is no law court to call.

I’ve organized races in real life, and my response to people like you – don’t let the door hit you in the back on the way out.

Courts of law are about depriving people of liberty and property. This is a freaking game. Organizers need to make judgement calls all the time. That’s true in every sport in the planet.

Organize your own freaking race series and run it the way you want it to be run.

8 Likes

A points based system would solve all this.
Zwift will hopefully realise this, sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Ok, football (or soccer) with unwritten rules? What about a hand penalty without a rule? First you need the rule. And then you can decide whether it was a handball or not. Otherwise you can’t just say it’s not allowed. You need the rule.
And also in every sport in the world there is a arbitration board. Here is not!

I’m not a native English speaker, so not every time I use the right words.

What say the rules to sandbaggers in real races? I heard that this is not unknown in real races either. So sandbaggers in real races are disqualified?

Please do not compare your Zwift 30-50 km races with real races… Have you ever been racing IRL on the road? There is no place for sandbaggers or cruisers, no written rules necessary.

1 Like

Thomas, I’ll try to be straightforward as possible.

Sandbagger / cruiser is someone who rides below his abilities in order to race in lower category (to get those shiny trophies). In case of zwift it means he purposefully tries not to exceed category limits - 20min w/kg.

Your every metric screams you are example of one.
Stop whining please, man up, change your category to B, and enjoy.

11 Likes

60 posts now. Everybody knows the unwritten rules to 1min. power, 5min. power and heart rate data. But nobody tells me what these rules say.
You say mostly regular table slogans without any supporting documents.
Why is there no “sandbaggers” rule? There is not even a single definition of this term (what is it? 4.5 or 2.7W/kg in a C race?)

And because I defend myself, I am threatened with a permanent mark on me. Just so that the angry mob is finally satisfied. You can only say that on the net, because it is anonymous.

I stick to the (written) rules until there are new ones. Everyone else does or have to do it too.

1 Like