Zwift Workout: Free ride section enables SIM mode

Device: iPad (6th generation)
iOS version: 15.1
Zwift version: 1.20.0
Trainer: Tacx Neo

Expected behaviour: Free ride sections in custom workouts should NOT enable SIM mode of the trainer, to prevent free ride sections being affected by gradient changes.

Noticed during the ‘4wk FTP Booster’ that the free ride section of below workouts would put the trainer in SIM mode. This is unexpected behaviour and makes me believe that in these workouts the free ride section have the .zwo flatroad value not initialized or set to 0. (This is an assumption because these workouts can not be edited at this point)

• Week 3 ‘Day 7 - Max Aerobic Finale’
  • Week 4 ‘Day 3 - 10min Best effort!’

Strangely enough the free ride section of the final workout does not put the trainer in SIM mode. This is expected behaviour and makes me believe that in this workout the free ride section has the .zwo flat road value set to 1. (This is an assumption because these workouts can not be edited at this point)

• Week 4 'Day 7 - FTP Test

After copying one of the first 2 workouts mentioned above so that they become custom workouts, checked the applicable file with a text editor and noticed that after copying the free ride section has the .zwo flat road value set to 1. Like expected the trainer did not go into SIM mode with this custom workout.

Request 1: Please modify all available Zwift workouts so that the free ride sections in these workouts will have the flat road set to 1, to prevent trainer going into SIM mode. <FreeRide Duration="xx" Flatroad=1>

Created a new custom workout with a single free ride section, check the applicable file with a text editor and noticed that the free ride section has the .zwo flat road value set to 0. Like expected the trainer did go into SIM mode with this custom workout. When copying the file (without changing the name) and checking the applicable file, noticed that the float road value was set to 1 automatically due to the copy action. Like expected the trainer did not go into SIM mode with this custom workout.

Request 2: Free ride sections inserted in new a custom should always have the flat road set to 1, to prevent trainer going into SIM mode. <FreeRide Duration="xx" Flatroad=1>

Remark During my investigation came across a lot of topics where people were confused by the expected behaviour of free ride sections in workouts. My believe is that they are mainly caused by above observations.