Zwift won't install on macOS Monterey BETA v12.3 [February 2022] [SOLVED]

UPDATE: macOS users - please update to v1.22.3 that dropped moments ago. This patch specifically addresses the installer issues.

2 Likes

how do we choose the update? it just starts updating itself when the app is launched and arrives at the error message.

never mind… I just turned it on and the update finished itself! Thank you!

1 Like

Patch worked! Thanks guys for getting this fixed up so quick!!

1 Like

worked, thank you!

1 Like

Also confirm working. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the quick turnaround on a fix!!

1 Like

After updating to Mac OS 12.2.1 and the latest Zwift update, bluetooth will not connect to my Elite Suito. Had to go back to Ant+. BLE had been working fine until the Mac and Zwift update.

Hey, Shuji, can’t get past my Zwift loading screen. Latest patch seemed to fix the problem for a while, but not for long. Mac OS Monterey 12.2.1. Macbook Air M1. Zwift Launch Log says “No VerCur override Found”. Any ideas how to fix this? I enclose the starting screen and the screen of the launch log.

1 Like

Hi @Max_Neskubin

It’s possible that corrupted files are cluttering things up. If you search for “Zwift” in Finder and see multiple folders named Zwift, Zwift1, etc, that’s a dead giveaway. First thing I’d recommend is to delete all Zwift-related folders and files and reinstall manually.

You’ll want to move your personal best and custom workout files someplace safe before you nuke everything else. Complete step by step instructions are here.. Be sure to delete what’s in Application Support.

Then pull down the latest build from Download Zwift on iOS, MAC, PC, or Android Devices | Zwift and install that. Would you let us know if that worked for you?

Hey, @shooj , thanks for the tips, but didn’t work for me. Found two folders named Zwift (without numbers) in different directories, deleted both, reinstalled Zwift.

The problem to be more specific is that more often than not it Zwift loads too long, like 3 to 5 minutes. So first I though that it doesn’t even load, but it loaded eventually. Very rarely it launches within seconds. So, it’s just taking enormous time to load the program and idk why. May be something wrong with Mac M1 video drivers? Has anyone faced similar problems?

Fast update here. After waiting for a while for Ziwft to load it showed message “unable to update”, although internet connection was ok. So, I rerun Zwift again and it downloaded the update. Although I’m sure I already did it when you published it here. Will monitor for a while and report back. :slight_smile:

I updated my MacBook Air to 12.3 today and Zwift won’t update. I’ve deleted Zwift and all files multiple times and nothing will happen after the launcher.

Hi @Honey_Badger2

Does this mean you updated the OS, do I understand correctly? Since Catalina OS - the OS can reset the application permissions to the default (more restrictive) settings. More specifically, Zwift needs permissions to write to your Documents folder or else it can’t launch correctly. That sounds like what might be happening in your case.

While your computer is trying to create a Zwift folder underneath the Documents folder (and fails), it will create multiple Zwift, Zwift1, Zwift2 fodlers with stuff inside them. You’ll want to do a clean delete of all that stuff, plus also delete stuff in the Application Support folder. Complete instructions are here.

Once that’s done - install the Zwift app. You may get prompted to allow permissions to the Documents folder. Say yes. At that point you should be good to go, but if no - do the steps in this Support Hub article
Let us know if that clears things?

That’s not the issue. Zwift has full access, and I only have one Zwift folder created in documents.

Just for the heck of it, did all those steps again, plus removed Zwift’s permissions. Restarted, installed Zwift, gave permissions back, and still the Launcher freezes at “Preparing to Install”. Only one Zwift folder exists.

Mine doesnt work, it Will update at the first time then it Will give me this

I’ve had the same problem. Zwift worked well until updating to MacOS 12.2.1 I believe it was. After that Zwift wouldn’t open anymore: Launcher log said: No VerCur Override Found.

I’ve tried deleting all Zwift files and reinstalling it, didn’t work.

What worked for me was turning off Apple’s iCloud Private Relay. It seems that this was blocking some kind of connection to Zwift.

Hello is there an update on this issue. I am on 12.3.1 and Zwift will not load and continues to get hung up on the update.