Zwift window disappears on every mouse click.

(Nathan Bridges) #1

Windows 10 PC platform. After the latest Zwift update, the entire window disappears any time I click on any button in Zwift. I can’t navigate or choose any options. I have to use the companion app to do anything. Anyone else experience this?

(Jon Mayfield) #2

That sounds pretty bizarre!  Do you have multiple screens?  Are you set to full screen mode?  If so, does it still happen if you switch to windowed mode?

(Nathan Bridges) #3

Yep, multiple screens and full screen mode. I’ll try switching to windowed mode.

(Porthos Woofs ODZ (D)) #4

I see the same often after the update. I use one single projector as the sole display. After clicking to open “Menu” for example, the screen will flicker off and/or show bursts of digital noise. If I leave it alone for many seconds, so far it eventually has recovered. I am also on Windows 10. It is not 100% of the time, but it is often. It never took place ever before this most recent update.

If I am able to alt-tab out of Zwift, then things are OK. If I alt-tab back into Zwift it is broken again. So far, every time it has eventually stabilized back to normal (10-30 seconds maybe to wait for the problem to stop) it remains OK until I try again to pull up manu options etc.

This on Windows 10, 1920x1080 windowed mode, one display only.

(A Oosthuizen (C)) #5

Yip I have this when I use multiscreen. What also happens is if you have something else running on screen 2 and you click on that while Zwifting on screen 1 then Zwift will minimize. Pretty annoying to put it mildly :frowning:

(Gerrie Delport) #6

Try windowed mode and install boderless gaming.

(A Oosthuizen (C)) #7

Great will give that a go. Just have to google Borderless Gaming :wink:

(Johnathan Freter [DRAFT]) #8

Mine does that as well when I’m running dual screens. It’s a nightmare for CVR streaming, watching movies, or pretty much anything that involves multi-tasking with the computer.

(A Oosthuizen (C)) #9

Johnathan, one of the causes of the mouse pointer going awol is the mouse trail. If you have this enabled then it disappears. The only way to fix it is to disable the trail. Annoying since I always used it to find where the pointer is. And you have to run widowed mode, or borderless gaming when using multiple screens otherwise Zwift will minimize whenever you click on another window/screen. I just went with windowed mode and it works fine with no noticeable performance issues.