Zwift Rowing and Skiing

FYI googling you doesn’t really work . I did find your iOS app and exerscreen and signed up there for beta (again several times). But googling rowedbiker won’t get anyone to you unfortunately. Thought you would want to know

2 Likes

Got it, you should have an invite shortly! And it would appear that the mailing list auto-responder is not enabled. Thanks for the heads up! Guess I should go give that some love. sigh.

I have noticed this the past few times I’ve ridden in Watopia. I have no idea what it is supposed to be and don’t really want to start any rumors, but this looks to me a lot like the arches we see over the starting pens for running and cycling events, yet it’s out in the water. Is this a hint for future rowing in Zwift, or is it just supposed to be something else?

4 Likes

It looks identical to me, yeah. The banner over the top and the pillar at the side that the start gate is attached to.

Can’t think of what else it might be. I mean, jetskis aren’t exactly in line with the physical activity aspect of Zwift. =)

1 Like

@Daren: On what device are you running Zwift? I am on Apple TV, so I do not have the ability within Zwift to pan the camera view to get a better view on this, like someone on a PC or Mac might be able to. If you are using one of those, any chance you can get a better shot? I can only see this ‘item’ when headed from the windmills toward Sequoia Circle (the shot above) or when leaving the marina headed toward the Italian Villas. It may be nothing, but I do find it curious, as it seems to be such a random item, and I have never noticed it until the past week, or so. And (again with the rumor/conspiracy aspect), I recall seeing a few riders riding the reverse direction in Richmond just a week before the update came out that allowed that option was introduced.

@Jeffrey_Bauer I used view 4 on ATV when headed from marina towards villas. You could see it fairly well.

1 Like

I’m on a PC. If I remember next time I pass that way I’ll see if I can get a better picture, but chances are I’ll forget. =)

Another request for rowing please (concept 2 PM6) to go with my bike erg

Stuart

You have a PM6?

Heh, a guy can dream though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not really a need for fe-c or ftms on a rower though except to take weight and adjust drag factor.

The only liquid water sport that would need ftms or fe-c would be whitewater kayak.

Nordic skiing though is a different story.

1 Like

Agreed, and changing drag factor isn’t really that useful given that most folks (correctly) leave it set in the 115-130 range. I’ll sometimes kick mine up right before a sprint so I can get more watts per stroke but, really, I should be working on better technique at higher ratings instead :wink:

1 Like

I’ve found the ergs in commercial gyms are usually so dusty the drag factor won’t even go that high.

@Michael_Alias The good news is that the moment of inertia of the flywheel is also higher thanks to all the grunge stuck in the fan.

Still hoping! I completely understood during TdZ, but my rower is waiting (impatiently so).

+1 to this feature request. I just picked up a Concept2 Model D and would love to be able to use it on Zwift. FWIW, I would be happy with a rowcycle option. Water would be great, but I realize that would be a lot more development work.

For now, I’ll just stare at the tiny screen and cry.

Does that help you?

If you are OK with rowing as a cyclist or runner do check out the Zwift Insider article linked above. Also my Rowing With Zwift - The Basics post that covers the differences between my RowedBiker and PainSled apps on iOS and Android. It also details a cheap setup that you can attach to your rower and just leave: a used Amazon Fire 7 tablet (~$20 on eBay) and cables (~10).

Row on!

1 Like

How are we doing with a rowing extension please?

Another vote here for indoor rowing in Zwift!

1 Like