Zwift PC Bluetooth issues

im not gonna use ANT+ anymore.

I have updated everything - both kickr firmware and zwift

Will i get sticky watts with a bluetooth dongle?

Why not, most would say that is the preferred way to connect trainers to Zwift. I see far fewer issue with ANT+ than I do with BLE.

No idea

Have you experienced the “Sticky Watts”?
If so how often did you experience it?
What were the circumstances?

What device are you curently using and what did you use for the

Danmarks Cykle Union 2020 Cup

For that I used ANT+

You can see it on my watt curves

I used Bluetooth through the companion app last time; but my friend just proved it still has sticky watts :frowning:

Because ANT+ does sticky watts

I have experienced it every time on ANT+

Under all circumstances when I stop pedaling.

2 Likes

Can you post a Strava ride were you used ANT+ and got the “Sticky Watts”. It would be nice to see the power and cadence graph to see if we can spot an issue.

Again, I have seen very few reports of the “Sticky Watts” you are referring to and I am fairly active on these forums. I think most of the time they are reported during workouts.

Can you find me on Strava?

My profile is private

You can follow me, and I’ll share a ride

Hi @Jonas_Simonsen1438 welcome to Zwift forums. Shuji at Zwift HQ here.
You’ve been receiving help from out Wayfinders, who are some of the most experienced Zwifters in our community and know their technical stuff as well as the gaming stuff. I stand by all the diagnostic steps they’ve provided thus far.

I’m looking at your session logs on our server from the past week. There’s one instance on Feb 4 with a successful connection to Wahoo Kickr and Tickr HRM that lasted ~45 minute session of roughly ~21km.

However, there are many other instances where none of the Bluetooth sensors paired. The thing that stands out as unusual to me is there’s an error noted “Windows BLE DLL Error code 126” which occurred even on the successful session. So there is an underlying issue at work here.

Error 126 can indicate lots of things (you can Google it), but one possibility is that the drivers for the Bluetooth module built in to your motherboard is corrupt. My recommendation is to work systematically and verify that the BLE chipset on the motherboard is interacting correctly with Windows first before we move on to the applicaitons that run on top of Windows.

I’d recommend you scan your laptop on Lenovo’s support site and after it’s verified your serial number, to update the driver for your specific Bluetooth module.

After you’ve done that: I’d like to see if there are issues with the way the Zwift application installed on y our laptop. If you go to This PC > Documents, does your computer look like this, with only one Zwift folder? Or are there several folders name Zwift_1, Zwift_2 and so on?

Please report back after these two steps? Thanks.

4 Likes

Hi

I have scanned my PC on Lenovos website and updated my driver.

It wasn’t working in windows before, but now it works in windows.

My successful connection was through the companion app, and I don’t want that cause that will give me sticky watts.

There is only one Zwift folder In documents

Thank you

Hello again

I reset my PC to factory default, still with the same error

I tried another PC - a HP zBook Studio G4, which is around the same age, and that works fine.

I still have no idea what is wrong with this Lenovo, but i am giving up on it for now.

Thanks for your help

I used to have similar problems before and tried a lot of things to solve the problem. I was successful then.
You’ve mentioned that your laptop can see all your devices - and this might be the problem. Try to do what I finally did: go to Windows Bluetooth settings and REMOVE all recognised/connected devices. Then try Zwift.
Zwift has its own way to pair with BT devices. And if Windows in turn is already paired with those devices, then Zwift will conflict with them.
If you use Zwift Companion, it will use your phone (not PC) BT and then transfer the signal over Wi-Fi to PC, but this connection will drop often.

I would like to see this resolved as well. I can use my smart trainer with TrainerRoad fine on the PC (just finished a ramp test BTW) but Zwift will not and has never connected to it.

1 Like

I have the same issue. On my old laptop the trainer and zwift connected, on my new Asus Zenbook it does not. Zwift does not want to connect my tacx trainer and wahoo ticker. I am able to connect any other bluetooth device, and also able to connect the tacx trainer and ticker to the Tacx windows app. I have removed all these connections and tried Zwift again, it still indicates the yellow/orange dot that says that my bluetooth receiver seems to be off.

2 Likes

Is it possible to connect multiple BLE devices to PC through zwift? I’d like to connect my PC directly to my Snap and Stages PM. When pairing devices, it only lets me choose one. Not separate devices for power source and smart trainer.

@Thomas_Heilman as far as I know you can only connect 1 type of sensor to zwift for each. So if you wanted to utilize 2 power meters you’d have to connect one of them to a sports watch or head unit and record the activity simultaneously in zwift and with the head unit/watch.

EDIT: misread your response as my coffee had not kicked in fully. @Gerrie_Delport is correct you should be able to pair your power meter as one thing and the controllable trainer as another.

1 Like

Hi @Thomas_Heilman, it should be possible. I have done it using ANT+ and I am sure it should work with Bluetooth as well.

1 Like

I do that when using companion, but BLE direct to my PC blocks out the wahoo for the trainer once I select stages PM. Maybe my computer doesn’t have multiple devices support.

So you select the PM under Power then you go to controllable and search and it should show your trainer.

I would suggest getting an ANT+ dongle since you are using a PC.

1 Like

I abandoned the ant+ dongle due to continuous drop outs. Always frustrating when your 20 min be into a race and find yourself on the side of the road with the virtual equivalent of a flat tire. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you have an extension cord for the dongle so it is right under your trainer?

1 Like