Zwift on Linux with ANT+?

I’ve been running Zwift using Wine via Lutris for a while now, but connecting to my trainer through the companion app is a pain and drops out when I leave the app for too long.

I was wondering if anyone has found a work around to get an ANT+ connection working with Zwift on Linux? Maybe with a Windows VM or some Wine trickery?

I’m in the same situation, wanted to play on linux and thinks a not great.I honestly give it my best shot.

First i tried with a VM, but 1) my ant dongle didn’t show up in Zwift 2) no 3d acceleration, so it’s suck

Then i try to make ANT+ work on linux. all fonction related to ANT is contained in the ANT_DLL.dll and the source of this dll is provided by Dynastream Innovations (and even for linux !!).

So with that knowledge, i try to use winelib to make a dll override. Seam to work until the code have to call game’s provided callbacks, then it crash… i don’t really know why, probably calling convention confusion somewere.

Last attempt i try to use the source code of the dll to modify it to use COM port instead of libusb (COM is supported by wine, hardware access for libusb, not so much). First with a untouched source code, the dll i was building was way smaller than Zwift’s provided one (even in debug), so i don’t know what they did to build it (maybe related to my 1st attempt problem). Anyway, after tweeking some stuff, the game log say my ant dongle is detected and seam happy, and crash just after login… every attempt to trace the issus was failed for now and i’m running out of ideas :confused: if i plug the dongle after login i can the first frames of animation on the ant logo, and crash as well

If a Zwift dev come arround i would love to know your build parameters to try solve my issues. i’m sure it’s feasable but i’m not good at reverse engeenering

If anyone is serarching how to use ant+, I managed to run Zwift using VMware and Win10 using USB passtrough. Lutris variant + zwift companion didn’t work for me any more because android dropped support ant+

Now the minimum setup to make it work using WMVare? I turned my graphic card RAM to max (8GB), I have a pretty good graphic card 4070ti , lots of RAM and 16 core computer. You could probably go lower… I’m still playing with idea of graphic card passtrough (I have 2 graphic cards) but I didn’t find solution yet and honestly current setup works for me. Anything but dual boot…