Zwift Hardware Requirements Public Test - 2- 9 Aug

From an accuracy perspective reputable power meters are probably more accurate than smart trainers (although the pedal based ones that allow doubling power are a bit of a problem if the manufacturers don’t send the recording mode in the data stream).

2 Likes

I don’t think our hardware restrictions are pointless at all? I’ve seen SOOOO many mentions of ZPower racers spoiling events for the others. I think this is a good move forwards.

We will still be making improvements to category enforcement, then bringing in a results based category system.

We are absolutely invested in improving fairness in racing for everyone and your comments do not help.

6 Likes

You’re absolutely right. The point I was trying to make was that it’s pretty simple for the average Joe to inflate the power numbers from a power meter but probably not that easy to do for a smart trainer (I’m guessing here)?

Hopefully a results-based system will be implemented sooner rather than later.

@James_Zwift In case nobody has already written, the hardware restrictions wording on the Android Companion app events does not show properly, at least for tomorrow’s events.

You and I have the same redundant power set-up, Neo2T + assioma. I always calibrate my assiomas although they claim to self calibrate as of few updates ago. I didn’t realize you could bias them, but other than cheating not sure why you would?

I’ve had a look on mine (Android, latest version) and all looks fine.

Can you send a screenshot and details of what device you are using?

Sorry James, I’m still bunged up with Covid or flu, the main race page at for example 0000 BST that shows four Futureworks races (I have no idea how to screenshot that, showing my age). The titles end “zP…” or “S…”

Now seen if I click one of those events, it then shows hardware requirements clearly in upper right.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Is this on the website or Companion App itself?

Mine looks lilike this

1 Like

Ah I think I get your point - it doesn’t show the whole event name because it’s quite so long.

2 Likes

On the app.

When I originally posted, I hadn’t spotted to clear hardware requirements inside specific event pages.

I lose the Krypton Factor observation round.

Edit: yep, as you wrote above.

it Tag Future works , in the top left Pic, maybe take that out of the name to get it shorter ? i dont know if that would really help.

Realistically it’s not a massive deal at this stage. But useful info to have.

1 Like

i tested it. my pc didn’t blow up and the game didn’t crash so it probably works as intended. i would have tried messing with the pairing screen but there was 1 other person in my category and my monkey brain will not allow another human being to cross a finish line in front of me so i can’t comment on that

3 Likes

Well I did the 6pm GMT race and all worked… Well my legs didn’t by the end but all seemed to work

1 Like

Love this, will do a race or two this weekend to provide feedback. That said I’ll be curious on what Zwift reports and if WTRL and ZRL will implement.

1 Like

No issues in my race:

I think that in the future the real deal will be powermeters vs smart trainers (normalizing output and requiring maitenance of chain system). Thank you for trying to improve the Zwift racing!

Is this a commitment?

Hello
Performed test on : Smart Trainers/Power Meters + Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) only allowed
My configuration : ATV-4K + Tacx neo2t + assioma
:white_check_mark: Not able to joind without HRM

:white_check_mark: On even not able to Remove HRM

:question: is it normal ? we are able to joind and ride without Cadance and/or Controlable
As mentionned before, for my point of wiew, it’s not fair to ride with a different simulation.

:question: is it normal ? We are able to change the power source (in my case : Assioma to taxc.

:question: is it normal ? we lost HRM value, we are able to continue the race ?

:question: is it normal ? we lost signal we are able to continue the race ?

Thanks for this improvement.

6 Likes