Zwift Game v1.33 Major Issues Update [January 2023]

Same here T5 connects just fine via BT with the life fitness application but fails to appear in the connectivity options in zwift. Elite directo and heart rate connects just fine, so i know the computer BT is good. That certainly points to an issue with the zwift app…I am connecting with a iMac currently running 12.6.2

2016 Kickr.

Prior to the “fix” had no ANT+ FEC mode.

Now after the “fix” the ANT+ FEC power drops multiple times a ride.
This was never an issue prior to you touching the ANT+ code.
Nothing on my side has changed.

Win11
USB Exentions cable
Garmin ANT+ USB

I hope this is not the final release.

Thank you!

It seems that this update 1.33 broke the BT connection with indoor trainer - Spinner Chrono Power, the ipad cant pair with the bike (im using it for 3 years, never had any BT connection issue) and now, 2 indoor bikes (mine and my friend) had the same BT problem.

2 Likes

I bought a Precor Chrono, 3 days ago! Similarly, Zwift is not working with the bike’s in-built Bluetooth. Not sure if this is because of the update or my luck haha I tried the bike’s Bluetooth function on numerous devices (Apple laptops, iPads, and iPhones), with no success. I genuinely believe Zwift’s update changed something (for the worst), which in turn disrupted the Chrono Bike’s Bluetooth functionality! @Gil_Bodov1

1 Like

Its 100% the update, both chrono bikes that worked perfectly for the last few years are unable to connect to BT from 1.33. This indoor bike is NOT the problem

1 Like

Hi Zwift, just finished a Tour de Zwift race, the short C-race, at 11.04 ECT. I took the win, but then got put back in the race, got my actual race discatde, ending up in 181th place?!?!?
Its not a race, I know, but I can’t believe I’m still paying a monthly fee for such crap bugridden software!!!

Claus Bech, Denmark, former satisfied customer

Was this the event? It shows you at #1 in C

Hi Paul, it probably is, BUT…
Right after the race I was #1, then #181 ten minutes later, then back to #1 and as I write this, back to #181!!!
See attached photo. Something aint right…

man. 30. jan. 2023 kl. 13.27 skrev Paul via Zwift Forums <notifications@gozwift.discoursemail.com>:

1 Like

Weird! You might try contacting zwiftpower@zwift.com or perhaps @James_Zwift will respond

It looks okay now Claus.

Blimey what a bonfire these releases started. My biggest issue it that whilst we can grumble about various UI issues it has rarely impacted core functionality. As it stands I’ve paid my monthly subs something that I can’t use properly. If the gym was closed for some reason I’d get a refund, why is this any different?

2 Likes

You were probably unable to use it for 1 maybe 2 days.

Would you ask for a gym refund if they had to close for 1 day? Or if only part of the facilities were working?

It’s not been an acceptable experience since the update and I’m still awaiting a resolution. I’m generally not in the habit of giving companies slack for taking my money and not providing an adequate service, that’s why we have things called contracts and consumer rights.

What’s not working for you, perhaps we can help.

1 Like

There you go then.

get used to it its almost always the case, new update new bugs, new update fixes bugs but introduces new bugs aswell, and so it repeats …

2 Likes

It is still a mess, no matter what…

man. 30. jan. 2023 kl. 17.05 skrev Colin via Zwift Forums <notifications@gozwift.discoursemail.com>:

I had the same thought.

1st world problem and all that.

I don’t think these issues are fully resolved. Further to my issue yesterday when it felt like resistance was “inverted” (lower on climbs, increased in descents), tonight Zwift for the first time in… ever presented me with a complete drop-out (ANT+).

And for more than a minute I didn’t even realise because I’d inadvertently started spectating someone else and so didn’t see my power go to “–”. :rofl:

I couldn’t re-pair over ANT+ so I quickly slammed on the Bluetooth.

It’s not a race, but I lost 700 places, dropping from ~750 to ~1450. Made about 300 of them back up and got an FTP boost notification to boot (215W) though, so not a wasted evening. :smiley:

(Windows 10 Home, latest Zwift and launcher, Neo 2)

3 Likes