Zwift Game Release: Dec 3, 2018

Hey Zwifters, we’ve got a new update out and it’s a big one. This one should have something for everybody.

First and foremost, for our longtime Zwifters who’ve hit the level 25 ceiling, that barrier is now gone and we’ve raised the level cap to 50. The good news for those users is that Zwift has been keeping track of your riding even after somebody hits level 25 which allows us to catch you up to where you actually should be. The level upgrades won’t happen instantaneously, but will instead will happen at an accelerated speed over the next few weeks or months of riding, so get on the bike and start unlocking the new stuff!

NOTE: there is also a ‘hardcore’ option to throw away all your extra banked experience and start fresh at level 25. Think carefully before you choose it as there’s no way to change your mind later!

We’ve also made a few other improvements and fixes in this release, such as:

• Save screen now allows you to pick which screenshots you’d like to upload to the Zwift servers (and thus, 3rd parties like Strava and MapMyRide)
  • Save screen now allows you to pick your privacy of how your activity shows up on the Zwift Companion app. NOTE: 3rd parties such as Strava, Garmin, MapMyRide will each have their own privacy settings that are unaffected by the Zwift activity feed setting.
  • Running footpads now have a 3 speed calibration process to improve accuracy
  • Half Marathon training mission added for runners
  • Fixed issue with Kurt Kinetic smart trainers when used via Android Zwift Companion
  • BETA: Windows bluetooth early access. On up-to-date Windows 10 devices that have bluetooth 4 support, we now natively support reading power data, speed, cadence, and heart rate over bluetooth in this release. No control of trainers is supported yet (you will still need to use ANT+ or Bluetooth via Zwift Companion for that). DO NOT USE for important races or rides, it’s there for testing and we’d love feedback here in our forums about your experience if you decide to give it a try.
  • Tacx Neo 2 Road Feel setting fixed
  • Various minor bug fixes

We’ve still got more in store for 2018, so stay tuned!

As usual we’re all ears when it comes to feedback about changes, just respond to this thread. Or if there is something new you’d like to see, head on over to Feature Requests to post your idea.

Ride On.

The Team at Zwift

35 Likes

Woohoo! Is nice!

Is there any information on the inter-level deltas? And have they been smoothed out? It never made sense to me that some levels took less XP than the level before them.

e.g.

Going from level 22 to 24 takes only 2k more than just going from 21 to 22.

Thanks Jon.

Just 2 questions:

Are there new items that we will unlock for new levels (26-50) ?

Will these new items be avaiable for both user that choose to restart from 25 and others who ‘jump’ to their high level ?

thx a lot

We haven’t made any adjustments to level 1-25. 26-50 follows a similar progression of more XP being needed each level.

1 Like

There are new items, yes. Nobody “jumps” to their high level - everybody goes through the progression and everybody would get the same items regardless of how they unlock a level.

2 Likes

Please can you allow customisation of the screen

I’d like to be able to have main wattage to show watts per kg not watts

15 Likes

Hi Jon

Any chance of having heart rate % bring made a available on the main screen…?

Also the companion app - to have more options in terms of finding workouts and what workoits are available.?

Great otherwise.
Gary

6 Likes

This is not the place to ask for Feature Requests. Use the feature request subforum for that…

15 Likes

What I’ve always thought would be a useful metric on the HUD is a moving window average power. For example if we could set the window to a 20min moving window, then it may help to determine if you have beaten your current FTP.

3 Likes

Is there a list of levels and Xp needed for each one?

Where can I see my progress to the next level unlock? I don’t see any indication of this on the menu screen.

2 Likes

In game at the top in the center of your screen.

does this update fix the apple TV remote control issues?

3 Likes

I don’t see mention of any congestion easing updates. Did these updates get shelved already?

Talk about demoralizing…The first day that XP means anything in ages, and of course Zwift crashes 2 minutes from the end of a 17 minute workout stage. SIgh.

1 Like

The article that covers this says “10X the XP gain”.

But people on Facebook are reporting getting 160XP per km.

Is the article wrong or is the game?

Zwift crashed after 1:45h training without saving today!

2 Likes

Thanks @Jon I am looking forward to test these new features.

Very interested to test the Windows Bluetooth feature, I was helping a friend setup this weekend and this will help with the issues he has.

In free ride, I am getting 160xp per km.

1 Like