Zwift for Windows on Arm?

2 Likes

You would need Windows 11 on the Pro X, and you need to install the OpenGL/OpenCL compatibility pack from the Windows Store.

Then it’ll work in x64 emulation.

However, it’s going to be slow, and an all-around poor experience. And yes, it’s not officially supported. I wouldn’t recommend it unless absolutely necessary.

Still will not run on surface pro even after installing Windows 11. Is this a Zwift issue or a Microsoft issue… who needs to get the message on their social media account?

There simply isn’t a Zwift build for that architecture.

Thanks Dave. Although at first I was pretty happy with the ARM, as time goes by I have discovered that there are many apps that have not been built for this architecture yet. I even finally upgraded to Windows 11, in the hopes that it would run on that; it will actually install and launch, and connect to the devices, it will not load the “game”; not even in “watch” mode. We are at the mercy of the market, Microsoft and adoption. The more devices are out there the more motivated developers will be to build apps that work on it. I REFUSE to move to the Fruit Company. Would love for Zwift to work on this. In the mean time, I will keep searching for the ideal Android device.

Just confirmed it still ‘works’ in emulation, but runs just as poorly as ever.

Did you install the OpenGL/OpenCL pack?

At one point they were also whitelisting specific apps to run with the compatibility pack (at least for non-Insiders) so I suppose that might be the issue as well.

I managed to get the Zwift Windows app running on my Surface Pro X after installing the OpenGL 3.1 compatibility pack. Even with x64 emulation on Windows 11, it’s just sluggish like most .NET Framework apps on Windows on ARM.

If anybody from the Zwift developer team can get in touch with me, I would be more than happy on assisting you with the work required to 1) update to .NET Framework 4.8.1 and 2) obtain ARM64 native libraries. I have worked on the Remote Desktop Manager native Windows ARM64 port at Devolutions, and we’re using a similar tech stack (.NET + native libraries).

For now, the performance is just too bad to use through x64 emulation, so I’m using an iPad Pro instead, but I’d definitely like to use my Surface Pro X which has a bigger screen, etc.

I doubt Zwift will be interested in catering for such a small percentage of people that would benefit from this.

Development time is better spent elsewhere.

1 Like

I had zwift running since march on the pro x, however it breaks down with the latest update of zwift or windows. Does anybody have a similar experience and hopefully a workaround?