Zwift Fail

Hey Zwift, if you’re going to charge your customers, then you need to make sure your system works 100% of the time. When a paying customer completes a ride and not only does your site glitch and short their miles, and not save their info. You need to figure it out before you start charging people.

Well sir,

Obviously you never bought a game that came out of beta. 

You’re correct. I’m not a gamer, I’m a cyclist. I’ve also been very successful in sales for 15 years, and I’ve never responded to an unhappy customer the way you just did. The point of beta is to work out the bugs. I’ve done 5 Zwift rides now and 1 has failed. A 20% failure rate, like I’ve experienced, will lead to many unhappy customers, especially once they’re past their free trial. I understand that technology isn’t perfect, but of an issue arises own it, apologize for it, and take action to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Otherwise you start losing customers. That’s business 101. 

So I take it that prior to posting here you of course logged a support case? You also know that it wasn’t your machine, you checked event viewer, made sure that all your drivers are up to date, maybe ran a dxdiag? checked your internet connection, looked at your modem/router logs?

Not necessary for all the checking as suggested above. There was a general failure of the system about 9 hours ago and a lot of people were affected by it, myself included. See the Zwift Riders FB group for posts about the problem. All riders missing, then returning, then the system froze, then the inability to re-login because of Gateway problems. It obviously came back some time later. 

I was able to get a partial .fit file from my client.

I expect this is what the op is referring to.

While not intending to pile on, as I certainly understand the frustration when something goes wrong and ride data is lost, I have to say that in my experience the OP’s failure rate is a fluke. Or, I suppose, possibly caused by something on the customer end. I’ve got a year, dozens of rides, and well over 1,000 miles on Zwift and I’ve never, not a single time, lost data. Zwift has been amazingly stable for me even when it was in early beta. That’s not to say I haven’t had glitches here and there, I certainly have, but never one that caused loss of data.

I’m not making excuses for the service issue yesterday evening, but I’ve used probably a dozen different training programs over the years and Zwift is the only program that is smart enough to post even a partial ride.  I’ve been 90% of the way into a 2 hour trainer ride to have software crash and lose the entire data file on other platforms.  You want to talk about frustration… it’s right there.  Zero bugs would be great but a partial ride file is leagues ahead of what I’ve seen out there.

the .FIT file is always saved to your documents/zwift/activities folder.

oh, and a lot of people on here are really passionate and love Zwift and what they’ve brought to us. so this kind of overt negativity doesn’t always go over so well :slight_smile: