Zwift does't start

The same, cant log on. Have tried emptying cache, reinstalling software Still getting ‘This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that this program was able to connect to the website, but does not have permission to view the web
page’

Did you clear everything in Internet explorer? (not chrome or edge)

It if definitely Internet Explorer. I already cleared Edge and Chrome on my surface pro bit even though I do not use Internet Explorer once I had cleared the cache and deleted all history it fired up.

Use a 3rd party cleaner to clean all browser items, eg CCleaner, Wise, etc. Worked for me.

Zwift techs - please write something better than using IE, that’s just really, really dumb. No-one with any sense uses IE (perhaps a Mac programmer?). Not secure, not fast. Most of us don’t want IE running in the background - please get with industry coding standards, this is archaic.

This is a really bad idea, whether it worked for you or not. Supposed “cleaner” programs can do all sorts of untold damage to your system by removing things that are perfectly harmless. These programs exist purely to make money for their vendors.

Such a cynic Steve. I’ve been using them for decades (& long-time IT pro). Pick a reputable brand (CCleaner has been around for years), just check off the browser options & it’s quite safe. You really can’t be that worried about losing any browser cache or history, can you? I understand caution if cleaning Windows system settings, although I’ve had a decade of use & never had ‘untold damage’ of any sort. It fixed my Zwift failed start in about 30 seconds. Oh, and they’re usually free.

You don’t need a registry cleaner to delete your browser cache and history. These programs will try and do lots more by default, as you yourself admit. So they’re a very bad thing to recommend.

1 Like