I updated my IOS to version 16.1 using on an actual IPad Mini. Also Zwift app updated to actual version.
Now it’s not possible to connect my Wahoo KickR via direct connect.
Make a workaround and uninstall and install Zwift again. Then crosschecked with wahoo fitness - there is no problem and the KickR is recognized on the IPad via direct connect. I closed Wahoo fitness and tried again with Zwift.
Only BT connection possible, but no direct connect.
There was an issue with the Kickr v6 the wifi was dropping, direct connect did not change anything and BT was the worst. Best option was Ant+. With latest Kickr firmware, it solved everything. But it seems like Apple users still encounter some issues.
Glad it’s not just me, got exactly the same issue once I’d updated to iPad OS 16.1 also doesn’t work on iPhones once updated to iOS 16.1 so it looks like Apple has made a change in the iOS which stops this working in Zwift. Interestingly it still works with the Wahoo app, so hopefully Zwift are aware and will push out a game update soon.
I’m currently using a Kickr V5 with the direct connect adapter, running Zwift on an iPad Air 5 now running iOS 16.1.
Had no connection between Zwift and my IPad using the Wahoo direct connect dongle. First thought, that is an problem with by rooter.
But it seems to be a problem with IOS.
On my Phone I have IOS 16.1 and on the IPad IOS 16.1 first, now 16.2 beta and always the same problem, that I do not find the direct connection dongle.
I installed the app "Discovery - DNS-SD Browser
After opening the app on the IPhone, the direct connection dongle is shown on the IPad.
Now I have to open the app prior open Zwift and have no problem. Perhaps this will help you too.
Hi there -
I have a similar issue - received my brand new KickR V6 with WiFi support.
It works via WiFi on the Apple TV and on the PC … but impossible to get the Direct Connect available on iPad & iPhone (both running under iOS 16.1.1)…Only BT available.
Not a major issue right now as I can still enjoy Zwift with my new KickR … but it’s a kind of anoying as I was looking to something more “Plug & Play” !
Hopefully someone will find a workaround or this being fixed shortly.