Zwift Crashing/Freezing Mid ride

that update took a few reboots!!! Let us know how it worked out for you.

Quick refresher on my issue/s:
On Apple TV my issue has been resistance lagging/latency and to a lesser extent BT drops mid ride. This is very preliminary but I just did a quick test ride and the resistance lagging was definitely still there after the update. :frowning:

You’re using a Saris H3, right? There seems to be some specific issue with that trainer’s communication with Zwift, judging from reports (e.g. the lengthy specific thread on that). This thread is about different issues (at least, it was before yesterday).

Although you must feel frustrated, I politely suggest that you’re just muddying the water by posting your problems in a thread unrelated to your issues.

Hi

I’ve had Zwift for a bout 2 weeks, yesterday it crashed twice including about 5km from the end of TdZ. Today it crashed even before I started pedalling. Thankfully I finished TdZ, but then a few minutes into warmdown it crashed again. Log example:
Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffb70a07889220
Parameter 2: fffff8002f374c40
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 3e54
OS version: 10_0_18363
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

I’m not a tech savvy person and I’m a b it afraid of unistalling graphics drivers etc. Is this not a Zwift issue?

Hello Alan,

The error your computer received is the same one my computer got when Zwift froze. I believe this is the common error message everyone on this thread who runs Win10 is getting. Honestly, I have given up on resolving this issue, and sadly have said farewell to Zwift.

Hi Thomas,
these crashes seem to be common for people using Win 10 PCs with Intel GPUs.
Everyone experiencing this should open a support ticket with Zwift - but first please try to install the latest GPU driver.

I have no problems (have a dedicated Nvidia GPU), but I believe Zwift’s hardware requirements as stated on the homepage are outdated and Zwift needs more GPU power since Dec 2020 update.

Agree, and have raised ticket. Don’t think that there is an outright performance issue though, when it does run (in Basic Graphics profile, as it does) newish Intel Iris GPUs should have more than enough processing power, and mine was very smooth (at least 20 FPS often 40+ FPS) and stable. It started crashing following the 18 Dec update.

Yes, that is exactly what more users report.

Well, that is the question…
I have a GTX 1650, comparison with Iris Xe (I do not know which you have):

GTX 1650 is a low end gaming GPU…

Milan, I am now running on a 10 year old PC (i7-870 8GB) with a GTX 1050 Ti. Runs on Ultra profile with OK FPS (50+) unless there are a huge number of riders (then drops to 20ish). So clearly much more powerful than Iris, but then I can also run Zwift on my old iPad. My understanding is that Zwift has been specifically designed to run on a range of equipment and uses the auto profile selection to select a level of detail that each device can cope with. So I think we should persist with Zwift to fix the fault not accept that a modern i7 laptop is not powerful enough.

3 Likes

Managed to slot in 20 min ride today with latest Intel drivers, and Zwift didn’t crash. I haven’t heard back from Zwift support though.

I suggest everyone with Zwift crashing on embedded Intel graphics to install newest version of the driver from Intel.

Thank you for the quick responses. I have Dell Inspiron 5593, Intel i5-1035G1, Intel(R) UHD Graphics. Can’t get Intel update to install, had a web chat with Intel and they have created a case. Is there a setting I should change in Zwift, since I don’t have a dedicated graphics card please?

I’ve update my ntel® UHD Graphics and I’m about to reboot the router. I’ll just log into Zwift later, hook up my trainer (not ride) and leave it running to see if it’s any better.

Erwin, I agree with you - Zwift should fix the issues, or (if not possible for some Intel GPUs - there are many users with integrated Intel UHD, etc.) make clear what are the minimum requirements for using Zwift in a Win 10 PC (desktop or laptop).

is relative - many people bought Samsung A tablets in 2020 (modern?!?), after some time Zwift HQ made an announcement “Zwift not supported”…

Integrated graphics are basically rubbish, especially on a laptop. They’re not intended for running 3D games, certainly not ones with a correspondingly high CPU demand.

Zwift presumably don’t want to admit this to people willing to pay them money, but that’s the long and short of it.

3 Likes

Dave, you are right - but as we know the minimum requirements presented by Zwift are outdated = rubbish, too. And the users are paying monthly, but seem to get no support (or answers being rubbish…) :thinking:

@Dave_ZPCMR , I tend to disagree with you in this specific case. I was getting 40 avg fps and 60 max fps at 1080p in Zwift on my integrated graphics.

@Alan_Dowey they only setting you can play with in Zwift is resolution, and you shouldn’t go above 1080p for integrated graphics unless you are running M1-based Macbook. In your case 720p should definitely work fine. To access this setting, start a ride in Zwift, then go to Menu → Settings.

1 Like

I just want to point this out. If you Google “Zwift Hardware requirements” you get an article from their own website that says this:

“Your other notable cost might be the device you choose to run Zwift. Zwift works on Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, and Android. You do not need a fancy gaming computer to run Zwift. Minimum specs are Windows 7 (64bit) or higher, or macOS 10.10 or higher. You’ll want at least an Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4GB of memory. If you’re running iPhone, you need an iPhone 5S or higher. For iPad, it’s iPad Air or higher, iPad Pro, iPad Mini 2 or higher, or iPod 6. And Apple TV is 4th gen or higher, including the Apple TV 4k. Android users can look up the app in the Google Play Store to check whether their device is compatible.”

Well it’s true, you don’t need a fancy gaming computer to run Zwift. For example it’ll run perfectly well on 2GB of RAM, I’ve tested it. Doesn’t mean that’s what anyone should do, nor does it change the fact that low end devices struggle when the going gets tough. And their minimum specs are laughably outdated btw, I’ve mentioned this a few times.

Second ride with the latest drivers didn’t go so well: Zwift crashed 30 sec into the ride. Still haven’t heard from support.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the new drivers installed.

Did you look at your computer’s logs to see if you are receiving the same error messages with the updated video drivers as you did with the original ones?