Zwift crashes [v 1.0.55226] SOLVED

Crashed twice in the DBR Social Ride today on Douce France in two different spots. In both cases the balloons came into sight and then Zwift became ‘not responding’ and crashed.

No problem with the update (don’t see multiple folders)

Last recorded position in the log file for the two crashes, respectively:
[10:06:09] FPS 31, -248368, 10827, -214522
[10:41:10] FPS 39, -458064, 11186, -245209

I can provide log files upon request.

2 Likes

Had a “near crash” on the DBR ride with @Morten_Jarlund and @Jesper_ZwiftHacks, my Win10 didn’t crash but got the weird graphics, massive drop in FPS and my power dropped from around 200 to 50 watts.
Got a screenshot…

BooX

iOS 12.4.8 - iPad Air w/32gB
At just before noon on 9/5, was warming in the pen for the Herd Summer Race League B Race in Casse-Pattes, and the game crashed about 20 seconds before race start. Disappointing, since it takes longer than that to get into Zwift on that tablet.

I started the app again, signed up for the A race on the companion, the race started, and a few hundred meters after the race start, crashed again.

Five hours later (9/5/2020 @ 5pm Pacific), after powering off/on the tablet, making sure I had the latest version installed, etc. started OK in the B race, and crashed a few hundred meters after start.

I don’t recall whether I tried the A race, but needed to exercise, so did the UCI Richmond course for 20km, with NO problems whatsoever.

What would be the best way to have some assurance before I try the next race that it won’t crash? Try a different French route?
thanks!

I experienced three crashes today before I gave up. All occurred after just a few minutes.

Windows 10 Pro
Zwift up to date
No extra folders
i3-9100 F @ 3.6ghz
GTX 1660
Have only Zwift installed on this computer.

First crash on tempus Fugit
Others at Watopia Flat
Third in the start box for KISS 100 America.

Windows 10
Busy with a group ride
only have one zwift folder

BTW how do I access the ride data so that I can update my strava?

Something went a little scewy when somebody architected zwift, how else could you ever end up with such a crap GUI?

Look in the Activities folder, there are some FIT files (which may be missing the last minute or two before your crash). You should be able to manually import these into Strava.

Too many reports for this to be a coincidence.

3 Likes

anything seem amiss? (just some old cp files from clearing ftp stats)
I have a PC, Windows 10, and 3 France crashes in 5 rides.

Better view

Shooj

We had a significant number of racers crash out on our Herd Summer Racing League series over the weekend. All seemingly around the Petit KOM.

I tried to do a Tire-Bouchon meetup this afternoon, crashed twice at the banner up the reverse Petit KOM and then a third time just coming up to the Petit KOM start. The game froze and then the app shut down.

I’m running Windows 10 with a wired internet connection and using Ant+. I have never had a game crash in the 2.5 years I’ve been Zwifting with this setup. One of my friends that I was riding with was on a Mac with Ant+.

Since updating zwift on Friday I have joined two 100km events in france and during both events Zwift kind of crashed, i could see my place in the group and w/kg but i could not see the other riders or their positions. Each time i was dropped from the groups when zwift started again. Checked wifi log and no issues there with packet loss. Such an annoying glitch. Also really odd in the event start corral my bike in same spot as another my hands going under another’s legs.:rage:Using IOS and three bluetooth paired devices.

I was running on Windows 10 on my Dell G7 laptop. I was in an EVO group event in France on the R.G.V. Zwift completely crashed out with no notice at around nine miles after the start. I restarted Zwift and was able to rejoin the ride, and several others in the ride remarked they had also crashed out. It happened again after another two or so miles.

I was able to upload the activities into TrainingPeaks, but not Strava or Garmin Connect (corrupt).

I haven’t checked to see if there are multiple Zwift folders but will check.

That’s the first time this has happened to me with Zwift, and it is really maddening. I hope you fix it soon.

Thanks,
Randy

If i load the map of france with any other program the zwift crashes. It seems to me that the map is very heavy.
Windows
Bluetooth

Hello, I also had a render issue today in France during a meetup on Douce route. Imac OSX 10.15.6. I had odd speckled textures in the sky, and the UI dashboard was missing or distorted on some of the data fields. All happened in the same area of the map. First time caused a crash. After restarting and rejoining and switching from Ultra to Medium graphics and it still happened but did’nt completely crash. On my third lap I was able to get screenshots but am unable to add them to my post for some reason.

Thanks @DanielS I will give that a go.

Haha yes ‘maybe’ somebody from HQ can help but that is highly unlikely. Zwift is not into the whole support thing. I contacted ‘support’ and their response (not surprisingly) was this

'Has anything recently changed with your home network configuration? ’

Immediately we are in the default ‘it is you, not us’ mode. And besides how F’d up is your error handling if your application crashes because of a network configuration issue (whatever that means).

3 Likes

Cool that worked thx @DanielS

1 Like

All these riders got booted ~14.5km into KISS Race 100 on Sunday on Casse-Pattes.
My screen froze briefly before Zwift crashed. Win 10 all up to date. Spoke to 3 or 4 others in race who experienced same issue with Zwift crashing.

2 Likes

Same crash for me today on a meetup on Casse-Pattes.
Running W10 latest update
14.6km into the ride
Screen froze and crashed Zwift

1 Like

Looks to be around the same location as the crashes posted by @DanielS.

Possibly the town area in between the Aqueduc and Petit KOMs? I think it just about matches the screenshot posted by @BooX as well, though he was going in the opposite direction.

2 Likes

That’s where Zwift crashed twice for me on Saturday - between Aqueduc descent and Petit KOM intersection. It was exactly the same spot on both times, my selected route was Casse-Pattes.