Zwift crash iOS [1.0.60239]

Same issue for me, at least I know it’s not just me! Hoping to see a fix soon. I don’t want to have to go upgrade a bunch of hardware to get Zwift working when it was fine before this upgrade.

1 Like

Same issue for me on IPhone Xs on iOS 14.3. Can login fine on an old iPhone 6S plus with the previous version of the app - which proves it is not an account issue (as Zwift support suggested to another person with this issue).

Obviously not enough testing done on this new version… do Zwift even care about their customers???

2 Likes

Same issue. Circle spins to login and then freezes.

2 Likes

New version updated on Dec 22nd, also just completed IOs update on device. Tried closing everything, shutting down device, have also uninstalled zwift, reinstalled, and full shut down again. Now when I open zwift it freezes completely before I even get to the pairing screen.

Anyone else have the same issue? Any other fix ideas?

2 Likes

Same issue, there’s another thread on this. I’ve contacted support and got told ‘it’s an account issue’. That was 6 hours ago.

1 Like

Everyone, thanks for flagging this up. I’ve done a bit of housekeeping by splicing some threads together into this main discussion.

We have a team working on this, and I’ll update when we have more information.

6 Likes

Just adding my own experience to the list here. Same issue. iPhone 12 Pro, most recent software. Here’s hoping the engineers are hard at work so we can hide from our families and burn off the Christmas dinner the way it was intended by Zwift.

3 Likes

The same issue!!
it ruined my day :disappointed:

1 Like

We continue to work on this issue. I don’t have a resolution or ETA to announce just yet. We have tried different combinations of devices / OS versions, and results can vary for our iOS users.

If you have a different non-iOS device that can run Zwift - that might be the most straightforward temporary workaround.

We will update this thread as things develop.

3 Likes

I have the same issue with an iPhone 7 and most recent Zwift app update.

1 Like

I have the same issue.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14.2, Zwift 1.0.60239

1 Like

Glad you finally responded. Why does it take so long to even respond to us? We are paying customers.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response. Is there a way we can just get the previous version until there is a stable release?

3 Likes

same problem on iphone 11pro

1 Like

Same issue on both iPhone 12 and iPad :exploding_head:

1 Like

Hi there

I use the Zwift app on iOS. For the last couple of days I have not been able to login to the app to ride, as it freezes when I tap on my username.

The fix seems to be to delete the app and then reinstall. But this is too annoying!

Anyone else have this - does anyone know of any simple fixes or something I’m doing wrong?

Many thanks for your help

Matt

2 Likes

Having the same problem. I too tried a reinstall and was able to login once and ride, but then subsequent app launches had the same hang issue. Strangely it does work on my iPad but not my iPhone. A possible difference is that for the iPhone, it connects to my Apple Watch and for the iPad it does not. I did contact support last night and talked to an actual person. They said that they are aware of the problem and are actively working on it. Also said that they would contact me via email when the get a resolution.

2 Likes

It seems like uninstalling and reinstalling EVERY TIME you wanna ride is the only working option for now. But at least after a few sessions you get pretty efficient at it!

2 Likes

Interesting. I’m also using an Apple Watch and having the same issue as the rest of this thread. Have you tried using it without your watch? Or disconnect your watch at the end of your ride before you exit?

I’ll give it a shot on my next ride

3 Likes

I think that I would need to unpair my watch from my iPhone. I’ve done that before and it is a bit of a PITA to repair. I think that I’ll just use my iPad for now and hope that Zwift figures this out real soon.

2 Likes