Zwift Companion Release: April 17 (3.13 iOS, Android)

Hello,
Thanks for this update.

I would like to see :

• ranking in meetup (like an option : normal/keep/race
    -ranking available after race and détails by kom and sprint.
  • jersey kom and sprint in meetup
  • late join meetup
    IT would be fantastic
    Thanks
2 Likes

erm, you do know, that with exactly this updates the numbers got bumped up to 100?

2 Likes

I saw a new feature in guest rides where you can have a lead and a sweep rider. Adding a sweep with a beacon would be cool too and an easier way to shepherd our club.

1 Like

adding in another vote for culled meetups, and a “private race meetup” version with leaderboard and results etc.

1 Like

Clickable discord link, or even better Zwift should have its own voice channels for Events and meetups as Discord is complicated.

Should be allowed to invite people who accepted you as a follower to meetups not just those who follow you.

Better social networking, no easy way to communicate with friends who are offline except in meetup requests or through comments on their rides. Strava and other apps way better at this.

2 Likes

Yes, agree with the call for a Zwift voice capability, as it’s tough enough already to run the Zwift app and the companion app (and music…) without also trying to do Discord as well.

These improvements are great!
As I read in many other comments would be interesting to have :

1. Workout for the meetups
  2. Using the ‘stay together mode’, have one or more segments free, in order to be able to do a ‘race’ with the ‘meetup results’. waiting the others at the end of each segment… Like in some Granfondo, where the results are done just in base of some timed sections
  3. Have the possibility to wear all the same kit, or to hide the other riders
  4. Have an option to create 2/3 sub-groups depending on the ftp w/kg like in the races (under 2,5 w/kg, 2,5/3,5w/kg, more then 3,5w/kg)
  5. Give the option to connect also a headphones to speak with the other ride-mates

This is nothing to do with meetups, but looks like a bug to me. On the latest companion app (iOS / iPhone), my screen shows the previous powerup. Running Zwift on Apple TV, the correct powerup is shown on-screen.

So for example I had a drafting powerup but the iPhone was showing a feather. I triggered the drafting powerup on the ATV, and once it ran out the iPhone showed the truck. The ATV screen correctly showed no available powerup, and attempting to trigger the drafting via the iPhone companion app had no effect.

Just me?

Not just you, but also not a new bug. I have had this off and on for quite a while. It seems to be related to some sort of ‘lag’ between the Zwift app and the Companion app that I can’t really pin down. I have noted, though, that when this happens it is accompanied by a general delay in the updating of the ZC map, also (i.e. the arrow for my location is behind where I actually am in the game, and often jumps to the next location as it updates, instead of moving smoothly along the route). I generally attribute this to some sort of WiFi issue on my end, or some sort of server issue on the Zwift side. Sometimes rebooting my iPad (where I run the ZC app) will correct the issue, sometimes not. It is infrequent enough that I haven’t worried about it much. And if I need to activate the PU I just grab the ATV remote.

Hi

Does anybody know the oldest version of Android that is currently supported by the Zwift Companion app?

I’ve just got a 2nd hand tablet, and its only running Android 4.2.2. I need to re-install a later version, but the device probably wont take the more recent versions Android 7.x – 10.x, so I wanted to start with the oldest version that is compatible.

P.S. The Zwift support page still says Android 1.5 or greater, and Google Play doesn’t say at all.

Looking at the various APK mirroring sites, almost all say Android 5.0+.

1 Like

Another AppleTV update and back to “No Signal” BLE issues… Grrrrr!!! Seems every few updates a nasty connection issue sneaks in.

Tried all the usual tricks to get it back (everything has been rebooted multiple times, iOS Companion as well, unpair / re-pair) — I can regularly connect to Trainer and HRM but get “No Signal” or I manage to get a signal and readings but they drop out within 10-30sec.

I can connect and get signal over BLE in other apps so this points to a Zwift issue again.

Please help!!!

Apple TV user here. No such problems.

• Manually make sure your Apple TV OS is updated.
  • Manually make sure you have the latest Zwift app update as well.
  • Force quit Zwift.
  • Force quit the Companion app.
  • Restart everything.
1 Like
  • Late joins is always an issue
  • As a cycling club we do meet-ups and would be great if we can design our own kit
  • Have a symbol over the avatar or something to indicate they are in your group (in addition to the green highlight on the side)
  • Live leaderboard just focused on the group so you can tell where people are in the group…how many seconds ahead or behind
  • Creat meet up races with live leaderboards and points for sprints/climbs etc.

Hey @Wes, I noticed during a meetup yesterday that the Riders Nearby list was culled to only show the meetup members and we all had an A as in a race or group ride category identifier in the list. I don’t recall seeing this before, however the last few meetups I’ve done before yesterday’s I was also doing a workout during the meetup, so that could have been the difference.

What say you? Is this new since the update?

With meetup-ups, can you confirm that the start is treated exactly the same as a race start ?.

I’m on ATV, and I’ve done 100+ races, and despite pushing 450+ watts at the start, as the clock counted down to 3 secs (for me) several riders in my meetup rode across the front of me and away, and then as I launched my whole team was about 30m away and bunched up, and I was left for dead. It looked like everybody left at slightly different times. In other rides where I have been in the bunch, I have seen other riders left for dead - I assumed it was they were slow starters, until it happened to me,

Can you confirm that a meetup start is the same as a zwift event start, and not staggered in any slight way ?.

Thanks,

Meetup riders should all start at the same time, there is no staggered start from a timing perspective, however riders will be starting from slightly different positions on the side of the road.

If you’re seeing a significant delay for when you’re able to move vs. others in the meetups at the start, please let the support team know so they can investigate. That is not the expected behavior. :ride_on:

1 Like

Hi!
It would bi very welcome if you add an extra field in which some additional information about the foreseen meeting can be added.
Thanks
Mat

TY TY TY for raising the limit from 50 to 100. I had to resort to managing a spreadsheet of names to invite. I lead 3 rides a week for my club. Keep up the f’n great work!

1 Like

How do you put the shop (where you upgrade your gear with unlocks in the companion app vs Zwift. As you have to go in, skip sensors, pretend to ride then go into shop to upgrade your gear. Then end ride and trash it