ZWIFT Companion on IPAD

(Rorie Masson) #1

I have been trying to find out if there is a way to get the ZWIFT companion APP on the IPad in landscape mode.

I ride using the Apple TV and companion on my iPhone, It would be great and more of an interface if the companion app was available for the IPad, this way I could connect the iPad and use my stand to control the Apple TV while riding instead of using the super sensitive Atv remote !

Also when training TT in the aero position I would not need to break my neck looking up at the TV screen to ensure I was mainting my required power outputs.

I would like others to comment and help me get the support from ZWIFT to add this ability to our riding experience…

(Hans van Gool CVR(C)) #2
  • You can use The Companion app on iPad, but not in landschapje mode.

• you can change The sensitiviteit of The AppleTv remote. With Zwift you really have to set it to low snesitivity.

• why do you have to look up to your? Don’t place it too high  

(Steven D) #3

Hi Rorie,

The Zwift Companion is not currently designed to operate in Landscape mode. Sorry about that.

If you’re not able to download Zwift or the Zwift Companion to your iPad from the App store, typically that means the iPad is too old and not supported for use with Zwift.

If your iPad is not on this list of supported iOS devices, then regrettably it’s not supported:

Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (6th generation). Apple TV.

If your iPad appears on that list, then you can also run the Zwift game app itself on the device, and that will appear in the landscape mode you’re looking for.

Any supported iPad will run the game and allow you to monitor your power outputs and other metrics on the iPad screen during your rides. 

In theory, using a supported iPad for Zwift will also solve your dilemma where you are craning your neck to see the Apple TV, assuming you’re not able to rearrange your setup and lower the TV screen to a more convenient height.