Zwift Companion for Android - No "Game Mode" Screen

Ok good to know, but that’s fraught with problems as there may be a router/firewall in the middle of different subnets, and no guarantee it’s going to route all traffic protocols. Let’s hope the poster has the simpler situation!

FYI, a single router can have multiple subnets/VLANs, even consumer brands.

If possible on the router I would suggest the OP assign the devices an IP Address instead of getting one using DHCP. This could help with establishing the connection.

Without knowing the OP’s setup we are just guessing at this point. Androids can be flaky.

Yep, let’s hope the poster has the simpler situation! If he posts his networks details as requested, we’ll find out…

I had some issues a while back.

It looked like both my Zwift PC and Phone was on the same network, but it did not work.

So what I did was to go into the Router settings and assign IP addresses to each of them. Remember you can only assign it on one side either router or pc not both. So set the pc and phone to Auto DHCP and assign at the router.

3 Likes

Just FYI, I thought that I had posted my particular solution to this, but apparently I forgot about it. I eventually was able to get Game Mode on my phone, but I had to lower the security level on my Router to “Low” to do it. This is not an acceptable long term solution. I’m also on rollers now, which doesn’t allow for a lot of looking down at the phone or punching buttons, so I simply don’t use my phone and Companion while Zwifting anymore.

1 Like

Using auto-assigned IP’s Phone is .192.168.0.41, laptop 192.168.0.20
Do you know the range that is acceptable?

Those are fine.

Can you ping the phone from the laptop?

I could not ping either way. I can ping my work laptop from my phone (but can’t install Zwift as I don’t have admin rights)

I can’t seem to upload images, but laptop is:
IP 192.168.0.20, Subnet 255.255.255.0

Phone is IP 192.168.0.41, same subnet

Can’t ping the phone at all. Phone can’t ping Home laptop (.20) but can ping work laptop (.38)

Wok laptop can’t ping either

What anti virus and/or firewall do you have installed on your computers and phone? Are you using any type of VPN?

Used to use macaffee, but has expired on the laptop. Tried switching off Windows Defender firewall and didn’t make a difference. Not using a VPN

Is Mcafee fully uninstalled?

Same issue for past couple weeks with iPhone CA app?

That fixed my problem! I was on data on phone and wifi on computer. Thx!

I’m having the same issue with no game or workout screen since the last update using an iPad Pro and an iPhone 12 mini.

Game runs on Apple tv4k, tablet or phone on same network. Router restarted etc, still doesn’t work.

I can give rideons to people riding at the time as if the companion is open outside of the Zwift app running on the atv.