Zwift Companion app on iOS16 won't connect [September 2022] [SOLVED]

Works fine on an iPhone 12 running. iOS 16.2… Its with the newer iPhones, NOT an IOS bug

1 Like

Then ist an iOS Bug in combination with the newer phones.
How would it be a zwift bug while every other phones and mobile device than new iphones with iOS 16 are working fine?

Fwiw last week I updated to an iPhone 14 running 16.2 and having seen this thread was fully expecting to have Companion app issues (my iPhone XS was flaky at times with the connection) but to my surprise it’s been rock solid.

I believe I’ve seen mention of non-iPhone 14s experiencing this bug above, but am too lazy to double check. Although, the majority is definitely iPhone 14.

That said, I’ve never had this issue w/my iPhone 12 mini w/the any iOS 16.x. I even double checked w/my wife’s iPhone XS and the results have been the same thru iOS 16.x. No issues whatsoever.

I’m willing to bet some of this is user configuration error like most Zwift issues. And before someone says something along the lines of, “…all the users complaining/reporting this bug…”, there are 47 unique users in this thread. At most, 45 have this issues since I do not and Shooj is chiming in as support. So, maybe this isn’t so easy to replicate and debug.

Hi all ,

As with the other users I have this issue on an iPhone 14 pro max. I assumed it was user error as I’m very new to Zwift, but as I still have my old phone iPhone 12 set up, I thought I’d try that and it works perfectly.

Both phones are running iOS 16.2 and the iPhone 14 is a backup from the iPhone 12 as I I upgraded my phone last week.

So it seems to be an iPhone 14 issue for me. Therefore until the next update I’ll just use my iPhone 12.

2 Likes

Hi all,

I’m currently facing the same issue with my iPhone 14 Pro. I’m on the same 2.4Ghz wireless lan, does not work but when I’m using by iPhone 12 mini, it’s working perfectly fine. Hope u find the issue asap, really annoying situation.

Best regards

Hi, new iphone 14 pro max here, same issue, companion app doesn’t work at all. Wifi is rock solid, both devices on the same network etc.
Hope wherever the issue lies, it gets sorted soon.

I thought I was an odd case with this problem and now I am directed to here by Zwift support. This has been happening since the Fall!?

Not a good look, Zwift…

Same or similar problem here.
Iphone 14 max pro (ios 16.2) with solid rock wi-fi on both devices and I have no game mode on it.
I can’t pair it or unpair it - no BT icon :frowning_face:
I have older phone with the same version of ios and all works prfect.

I’m afraid there was no point in the support desk sending you to the forum, other than adding to the confirmation that this is an iPhone 14 problem and you have plenty of company.

Now I’m wondering if anyone who doesn’t have an iPhone 14 is experiencing this problem, or if the non-14 users with Companion issues are experiencing something unrelated.

Just wondering after a quick scan if this is related to iPhone 14 Pro models only as that seems to be what most are mentioning. My iPhone 14 on 16.2 has been working perfectly. Random thought, maybe the “always on” display setting is messing with Zwift (that’s not available on the non-pro model)?

iPhone 12 Pro Max/iOS 16.2 = I had the outage after the initial iOS 16 update where game mode didn’t initiate for about 2-3 weeks of use, then randomly started working. I did have a few times where on the same ride, it would work/then cut out several times, but it’s worked consistently for weeks now. I posted farther above in this thread a few things to try, but seems the combo of 14 Pro models and maybe Apple TV is a show-stopper…and seems network related as nothing has changed iOS/Zwift-wise to affect it for weeks. FYI - my iPad pro didn’t work either during the 16 update, but haven’t tested it since.

Could it be related to this? https@://discussions.apple.com/thread/254319161 (remove the @ symbol)

this has been going on for months from reading as i recently upgraded my iphone to a 14 pro max. If you know this an issue and people are paying for your app, please fix it.

2 Likes

Same issue here on iPhone 14 pro. Support case opened.

1 Like

Totally agree. This really wouldn’t bother me if not for the fact that Zwift is still collecting full fees months later with no tangible progress.

Same issue for me.
Just upgraded to new phone (iPhone 14 Pro) and companion app stopped working. Running iOS 16.2.
Similarly as posts before, not seeing the local network toggle in settings.

So idk if zwift is going to plug there ears and pretend they can’t read and fix this or what…

I contacted support today on this problem, their response below. So this has been a known issue since Sept 2022, and no fix? Zwift, come on. This lack of support is not acceptable.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for confirming the version of iOS.

This is a known issue with iPhone 14, iOS 16 and the Companion App. You will see in this Zwift Forum thread that Zwift are aware and actively seeking a fix. Updates from Zwift with orange background:

{link to this long thread as provided by Zwift support}

Apologies that this is not working just now. Zwift are working hard to resolve this. Please keep an eye on this for further updates.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. If you could let us know if we have answered your question or if there is something else we can assist you with?

Zwift Ambassador - Community Support

Zwift are working hard to resolve this.

I call BS on that one otherwise it would;d have been resolved when I first started this thread back in September 2022…

2 Likes

Because Zwift can not fix it as it is an iOS 16 / iphone 14 bug.