Zwift Companion app on iOS16 won't connect [September 2022] [SOLVED]

Shuji commented in September and October. Rowdy commented in both October and November. I would hardly call it “no action” considering they both replied that the problem was being worked.

6 months with no fix, is no action

1 Like

Add me to the list of unhappy Zwifters. Got a new iPhone 14 Pro yesterday after three years with a pretty old XR… tried my workout this morning and had no ability to use live maps or control the workout from the phone. Had to reach over to my computer to modify the workout. That could get dicey in the future. 5 months without a fix? Crazy.

1 Like

I ended up not trading in my XR because it was the only phone that could connect. My 14 pro still won’t.

Yeah this does seem to be getting a bit daft. My 14pro doesn’t work, but my work ‘12’ does, sort of. Random disconnections, and then rejoins fine but thinks the workout is a run not a cycle. Come on Zwift!

It is odd, isn’t it that there seemingly isn’t an issue with 13s or SEs, etc running the same iOS? What conceivably could it be that makes the actual phone hardware incompatible? just curious…

There may be software features (or bugs) that are only enabled on certain hardware. That seems likely in this case.

Even my 14 non-Pro has been solid connecting, way less flaky than my XS.

The 14 Pro has an always-on screen setting the my 14 doesn’t plus some other small features.

I don’t know if it’s a hardware thing, but if IIRC the 14 Pro has different camera, different display, and a different chip. I believe it’s the only phone w/the A16. :person_shrugging:

This is definitely a iPhone 14 pro issue. I have an iPad running iOS 16.3.1 and the companion app goes into map mode whereas the iPhone 14 pro running the same iOS 16.3.1 does not. I have problems connecting to local network with other apps including a Fujitsu scanner (scan snap app) and my car’s Dashcam (blackvue).

Well the last update didn’t fix the bug (shocker) prob why they pulled the reply down. I will not be back next year with this, good luck raising the prices when you can’t get the program to run as is, ridiculous!

I think this issue is specific to iPhone 14 Pro MAX with IOS 16.3.x. This combination does not work.

My friend has an iPhone 14 Pro MAX with IOS 16.1.x. This combination does work.

Having the same issue with my iPhone 14 Pro. Started Zwift on phone and iPad connected with companion. Start Zwift on iPad and phone does not connect thru the companion app.

It’s not just the max. I have the iPhone 14 Pro. Not working. Worked fine on my XR three days ago.

@Rowdy mate these issues have been dragging for months. I’ve a Zwift hub that constantly drops connection with the newest AppleTV model. & now I have an upgraded phone. 14ProMax that doesn’t work either. This is making the Zwift experience shoddy as hell. We all seem to be paying full price & trying our own work around whilst. Zwift appears to be dragging its corporate feet. £450 on a Zwift Hub. £160 on a newer AppleTV as suggested. I’m seeing nothing for my investment. When are we going to fix the hub issues & the companion issues? All Zwift customer services want to do is keep swopping hubs. Which solves nothing.

3 Likes

Omg thay still didn’t fix that companion bug for iOS on 14 Pro Max.!?!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

We are still working on this issue, but it remains difficult to fix without an effective way to replicate the issue.

I have gone over the reports from Zwifters on this thread and who have written in to Support directly. While this is definitely a real problem that is affecting some, but not all Zwifters, it is not specific to any one device model, Zwift platform, Zwift version, ZC version, or iOS version (other than affecting folks on iOS 16 and up). It’s possible that the common cause of the issue lies outside of what we can analyze on our side.

I appreciate that everyone is still contributing to this thread. I do hope to provide some good news in the future as we work on finding and eliminating what is causing this experience for you all. Please continue to update and @ me at any point if you notice any difference in your setup.

3 Likes

Everyone in here seems that isn’t working 100% has the iPhone 14. Go to the store buy an iPhone 14 download the zwift companion and watch it not work. It’s not asking for access to the local network which is what it needs to work with the computer and find the iPhone and connect. What happens when another iPhone comes out next year and you have two years of models not working? Then will you guys be in a hurry to fix it? It’s prob not a big deal currently because it’s maybe 100-300 people and only a few on here are voicing it. I’m sure if it was a pro complaining it would have been fixed sooner but it’s us normies so it gets kicked down the road. Like I hate to just complain and moan for me it’s been since December for others it’s been since September and you take our subscription fees and you guys push for us to use the companion app and we are forced to use old phones or iPads to connect. It’s my last month of the trainer and I’ll be outside so for me it’s a wash but for people who use the app year round I feel, you pay for something to work and when it dosent it’s beyond frustrating.

I believe they have some, but that doesn’t mean it is easy to replicate an issue - and to buy all the hardware which can run Zwift is not a solution.

By the way I hope they are cooperating with Apple - I am 99% sure it is not only Zwift issue.

@Rowdy as suggested/offered on email, please create a testing/debugging version of the companion app and release it on TestFlight to allow you to help diagnose the issue. As stated, you haven’t been able to replicated the issue (not sure why), so this would allow you to get some insights from our systems as to why the code is not working.

Obviously more people are posting here with the issue and from my perspective, it seems alot have been people who’ve recently upgraded their devices to an iPhone 14 (mostly PRO/MAX) and the issue is triggered. I’m unsure of these people set their devices up from scratch without a data restore (as I had done) etc

Rather than bemoaning every new ZC update thats released here, can you work with us not in isolation as is happening now without any traction

1 Like