Zwift Companion app on iOS16 won't connect [September 2022] [SOLVED]

maybe if y’all chip in and get zwift their own iphone 14 to test with?

1 Like

This doesn’t affect all iPhone 14s.

1 Like

Same thing for me. I bought an iPhone 14 pro a few months ago and haven’t been able to connect on the companion app. I have app (3.47.0.) (1478) and server version (1.326.0) and en0 for connection version.

Been affected by and following this issue for months. Passed on the alpha and beta, waiting for the official release. So, tried today. ZCA on fully updated 14, could not connect to a fully updated IPad Air running the Zwift App…. No connection. ZCA on any other device than a 14 will connect on this network.

Already planned to pause subscription at the end of June and will be outdoors more than in. Good Luck all, and hope it’s resolved by Fall…. Ride On to all!

1 Like

Hi ya. Still not working for me. Works fine on my wife iphone. Just not my 14. Disappointed.

1 Like

Hi folks,

I’m raising these recent reports up at HQ. Thank you @Javier_Rinaldi , @Chris_Waters1 , @Matt_Bates_LEU-VA , @Michael_Bosilovich , @Paul_Watson4 .

Rowdy, FYI I have been using the Alpha version successfully for a while now. Downloaded the new production version and the issue persists. I used the Alpha version successfully last night.
Tim

Hi all,

Thank you again for raising this up. We’ve made some backend changes. The ZC 3.47.0 connection to Zwift should now be working. @Javier_Rinaldi , @Chris_Waters1 , @Matt_Bates_LEU-VA , @Michael_Bosilovich , @Paul_Watson4, @mitremlap , please let me know whether the connection is working for you. You may want to uninstall, then reinstall if the connection doesn’t establish right away.

2 Likes

It works! When I first opened the companion app up, it started connecting but failed. I closed companion, restarted my phone and reopened the companion app. It connected right away.

1 Like

Many thanks Rowdy

I’ve tried it a couple of times and it works. Didn’t need to reinstall ZC. Suggest that folks give it a little extra time to connect - it is not such an immediate connection but does get there.

Best

Chris

2 Likes

It now worksss. Thanks.

1 Like

Rowdy,

I can also confirm that the app is working properly.

@Rowdy Boom! Got home from the office and ran a test. No restarts, updates or waiting on my part, and the map fires up! Thanks!

Fwiw, I had the ZCA open for all of the time on three short rides this AM. So it was not a matter of just waiting.

Ride On!

I too checked and it is working now.

Thank you.

Updated ZC last night. Updated Mac app this morning (took a while and installer did an auto relaunch).

IT WORKS!

Now can we get a fix for the critical power bug please???

We have a fix for this awaiting testing currently and it is planned for 1.42.

1 Like

Thanks James, where can we see the build number? The version I have is 1.1.8 and the launcher inside the package is from May 5th.

That’s the version of your launcher.

When you open Zwift, it will display the version number at the bottom of the screen when the game is loading.

We are currently rolling out 1.41 to all users in a staggered fashion (this normally takes 48-72 hours to reach everyone). We started this early evening on Wednesday european time.

1 Like

The update did indeed work even though I had Netif “en0”.

1 Like

The forum link below is possibly useful if you want to know the latest versions being run. (Ignore date of thread, it is being updated regularly)

1 Like