Zwift Companion app on iOS16 won't connect [September 2022] [SOLVED]

Hi Rowdy.
I have the same problem with an IPhone 14 and IOS 16. I downloaded the Network Tool app as you suggested and I noticed that my router has EN2. Screenshot available by return email if you want. Can you contact me to help me please?

Is this a known error?

This was an older post soon after iOS 16 released. It works fine now (iPhone 12 Max), but ZCA never did show up in the Local Network settings (ghost in the machine). It sounds like they’re about ready to release a fix for ZCA for those mostly on iPhone 14/14 Pro who are having issues.

I posted this in another section, but I can no longer scrub the Critical Power timeline on Zwift on Win10 after a ride, after the last update.

Having problems connecting to CA Via Apple TV. Anyone else having this issue? Can’t get to the map on the App, message or send ride ons. Very frustrating… is this a known issue. Tried everything to try and fix

Hello Rowdy, I’ve same problem here, Iphone 14 zwift companion same problem…
I was with the support, I have the same problem. The app is not listed in the LAN settings on the smartphone. iOS 16.4.1. I want to be part of the test. the tool displays en2

thanks!

Hi Rowdy,
Same problem here, can you please provide me access to the test build?
iPhone 13 mini (new) with iOS 16.4.1 (a).
Thanks!

Hi Rowdy

I’m experiencing the same issues running ZC on iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16.4.1(a).
Please can you add me to the test build list.
Cheers,
Mick

would love to get in on the test as well, thanks

Hi @Rowdy - same problem here and have run all the usual checks.

I got an iPhone 14 Pro in January and ZC hasn’t worked since (- it was flawless in the 5 years before that). Just back on Zwift after a 6 week injury-related break and still not working. I also have a new internet connection and exactly the same issues as before.

Please could I join the new ZC test build as well? I’m now hitting Zwift most days as part of my recovery. Thank you!

I have this issue too on iOS 16.5 beta - happy to help test.

Hi @Rowdy

I am having the same issue - upgraded to an iPhone 14 and Companion App (and Wahoo HRM) will not connect to the game…

Hi @Rowdy -
I just upgraded to the iPhone 14 IOS 16.4.1 and my companion app is now not communicating and no longer working. I’d like to get in on the Beta Zwift Companion App please. Thank you and please advise what you need from me.
[personal information removed]

I have been having the exact same problem for the past 5 months getting companion to work on my iPhone 14.

Any help to use the Beta or know when a fix will be? Thanks

I am having the same issue. Could I get the test build please?

Hi all,

I wanted to post a refresher that the fix for this issue will be in ZC version 3.47.0, which will be released on May 31.

I’m still adding folks to the test build, but if you’re requesting access, I’d like to make sure that you are experiencing the en2 network interface issue to avoid false failures on the test. To check this, you can do the following:

1. Download the app Network Tools by KeepSolid (note: this is a third party app unrelated to Zwift)
  2. While in the location where you normally Zwift, connected to the same wifi network, open Network Tools
  3. Allow the app the necessary location permissions
  4. Select the Routes page from the bottom
  5. Select IPv4 tab at the top
    6.From this page, you will see multiple Routes. Each one should have unique Destination, Gateway, and Flags.
  6. Select the down arrow on a route to view additional details. You’ll see the four detail fields are: Netif, References, Use, and Expire Time. We want to view the Netif field.
  7. For each route, note the Netif field. If any of these starts with “en,” but is not “en0,” you will need the test build or ZC 3.47.0 to connect ZC to Zwift.

If you only see en0, then the test build will not be any different from your current build and we will want to do separate troubleshooting. From there, I’d like to ask you to open up a Support ticket.

2 Likes

Took just a couple of days for my Test Build invitation to arrive - I’ve now tried it and it works, hurrah! (From an en2 person). Great to hear that the full fix will be integrated in the next ZCA update on 31st May.

Fixed just in time for me to ride outside an not use this app untill October but thanks…only 6 months of not working for me woo!

How do I sign up for the fix as I’m seeing this issue and have run the test with a result that suggests I need the fix.

Hi - can I also get access to the test build please? I can confirm I have en2!

Best

Chris

I have the same issue with my companion app and also checked the netif field which is seems to be en2 at the moment.Could you add me to the test build please?