Zwift Clubs - dead in the water?

Thanks.
I’ll just have to try a few rides and see.
I’m under the weather so I’m just taking it easy, kind of.
Right now I’m trying using Discord.

1 Like

On Zwift we have 28 club members. But not everyone has the same goals or category.
On Gran fondo’s you can choose a category (track related ) .
All categories start togheter an they split along the way. I wanted to create a simular situation in club ride. Cat C : Volcano climb after party (3 round beach island loop + volcano climb) Cat E : 3 laps Beach island loop. (so they don’t have to do the climb). But when you create 2 grouprides. They can’t start togheter and they won’t see each other during the ride. It would be interesting to add this feature in club rides.
Ride on !

ps : When late join is open, riders don’t always get the same track. The zwifter will join the team leader , but sometimes they split up along the ride.

Hi Chris, we’re into February now and after a patient 4 weeks since your very welcome message when do you think we can expect the next forum status update to be?

1 Like

Hey Chris,
We are shooting for EOW. We have had some earlier than planned success getting a new feature close to launch and we are trying to get it buttoned up before the update.
Thanks,

6 Likes

Little bit of a teaser there… sounds like a win win to me :ride_on:

EOW=end of week?

Yep, tomorrow(Friday to be specific)

2 Likes

Excellent! Thanks for the quick reply and I look forward to the update tomorrow :blush:

I don’t understand the need…unless it’s something to be added into the Companion app, which I can’t use anymore unless I buy another $600 smartphone. Is it messaging? Informing riders who have joined one of Zwift’s Clubs (as opposed to clubs that were joined way before this “feature”) when a ride or race is scheduled? I can find that out from Zwiftpower or Zwift Hacks. I’m confused and ignorant. :man_shrugging:t3:

Which feature are you referring to?

As a side note, couldn’t you buy an Android tablet for a lot less than $600 to run the Companion App on? I have a Samsung I paid $150 for, my wife has a Lenovo that was about the same. Both run the Comp App just fine. (Edit: and I keep mine next to the bike on a music stand I picked up used for $5. Works well like that. :slight_smile:)

3 Likes

A $50 used iPhone will run Companion

4 Likes

by “feature” I meant Zwift Clubs—at end of rides, save option and send to Clubs.

Oh, I know there are cheaper ways. I was just venting/being snarky…hehe

1 Like

Yeah, I use the right hand side of an old LG V50 to run companion app fitted into a cheap handlebar mount, the laptop sits on a music stand to the right of the bike, connected to my 32"tv via Chromecast (only thing I’ll use Microsoft edge for)