Zwift broke down directly after finishing Stage 1 / Stage not completed

@Merel_A
It’s a question we’re looking to solve.

We’re finding in many cases that you’ll complete the event / race, then continue on to cool down. That’s perfectly reasonable.

If that cooldown takes you far enough along another “known” route, the session switches focus to the next route. This is because game can’t distinguish between your intention to cool down for a few minutes vs if you’re extending the session by a lot longer.

The most assured way to get credit for the event / race is to save & exit once you see the route completed banner, then start the next route. We’re working on ways to improve this, but that’s the workaround for now.

1 Like

i guess many riders in China are experiencing this issue more often than others 'cause connecting to the server is way harder in china than in any other places. Often times, it takes longer to exit the event and upload the results. It took me yesterday 20 min to upload my stage 4 results (the uploading page stayed there for 20min), and then i found myself not listed in the ride results ranking in companion, even tho i got this stage completion email from Zwift. Is there a way Zwift team can manually give me the credit for stage 4 so far or i’ll have to re-do it to get the credit?

Hello @Connie_Tuanzi_Beijin welcome to Zwift forums!
Sorry to hear this is normal for our members in China. This is news to me.

For your situation, I am seeing you rode 27.4 km yesterday, and that was credited as the Tour de Zwift Stage 4 long distance ride.

What are you seeing when you log in to the Zwift game app’s (not Zwift Companion)? There’s a list of TDZ stages and a thumbs up icon for stages you complete on the game app home page (the one where you select a world to ride)? Can you attach a screencap?

Thanks Shuji for the timely feedbacks. I just checked zwift app, there’s no “thumb-up” for stage 4, pls refer to the attachment. Also, we are experiencing "on and off” connection especially when hundreds of riders are in the same event (other riders on the map appear from time to time). [Uploading: tdz_credit.png…]
Zwift is popular among core riders in China, per my observation, 70% riders are experiencing the server connection issues (error logging in, longer time to enter an event/exit an event, upload results, riders appear from time to time)

@Connie_Tuanzi_Beijin
That’s very odd, because on my end Stage 4 is showing as completed. In any event, I manually re-credited.

Ride On!

Yes, Shuji!!! There’s a “thumb-up” on stage 4 now!!! Your prompt feedbacks are highly appreciated! I’ll share my experience with zwift team to more riders in China. You guys do respond and respect our efforts on zwift. This is definitely exciting and encouraging to members in China. #Rideon

bummer, i made this mistake today. I rode in the 7 days of tarmac today and then stayed in Innsbruck for a lap in the city as a cool down. :grimacing: I then attempted to purchase the new Tarmac bike and the app crashed. After a bit of time, I restarted zwift and saved the ride. The ride shows up in the companion app and synced with Zwift. however, I don’t believe all of the data synced. The companion app didn’t show the KOM or new jersey. The file also didn’t “count” as an event and thus didn’t sync to Zwift Power.
@shooj Is there anything I can do to fix this?

As a newbie I’ve just made the same mistake after Stage 2 of the TDZ - carried on with a cool down in Richmond and lost the connection to the stage. Wouldn’t it make more sense to default to a cool down on a ‘virtual’ trainer like in the start up pens with the alternative option to carry on if the rider wants to? That way the event could be recorded start to finish correctly with WUP and CD kept separate/not recorded.

1 Like

Completed stage 2 of TdZ today, Zwift crashed during saving, after restart the activity could be saved but was not counted as TDZ ride, @shooj could you support? Thanks :slight_smile:

I made this mistake too. Completed TDZ stage 2, Group C at 0900 EDT on Jan 12. After completing the stage I switched worlds to Innsbruck for a cool down but no results for the stage were saved to my activities, nor was I given credit for completing the stage. Can you help restore? Thank you.

Hi my name is Muriel Haire and I completed Tour de Zwift number 2 short lap today and can send you send you photo to prove I finished but i had issues saving the file and therefore am not credited for doing the TDZ?
Could you please look into this for me. Thanks.

@Muriel_Haire
Thank you for uploading the screen grabs, those are always helpful to us.

All - we’re looking at the server data to see why this might be happening to some, but not others. I’ll update as soon as we can.

Completed stage 3 Alpe De Zwift GROUP B: Standard Ride of Tour De Zwift 2021 today. Zwift crashed on My iPad after the stage completed banner came to My screen. I started Zwift again and saved my ride but it didn’t get credit to Tour De Zwift 2021. So @shooj can you fix this manually? I got those pics from my ride:

1 Like

Hey everyone I merged a couple of related threads together, and wanted to update everyone on the problems some have experienced, and how to ask for credit for the stage.

The best way to ensure your ride is counted towards the tour is to save and exit after you see the completion banner at the end of the stage.

Some technical reasons your ride didn’t count towards the tour include:
Game crashes : thanks to your feedback, we’ve identified and fixed a crash related to the large number of avatars that your computer needs to draw. Please update to version 1.0.60640 as it rolls out across all OS platforms. This went live about an hour ago on most platforms except iOS. That’s still pending Apple approval, but we expect that to show up in the App Store soon.

Logging in on multiple devices simultaneously : Saving & uploading immediately after each session is the surest way to avoid this problem. Swiping the app into the background on mobile OS’s may leave your session open. Additionally, we recommend having the Zwift app installed only on one device.

Working out after finishing a stage or not completing the final lap : Be sure to save and upload the session once you see the stage completion banner.

If you ran into any of the above issues, and completed most of the ride please contact us through support.zwift.com so we can credit your stage accordingly. Please note the date & time of the stage that did not credit when you contact Support.

Hey there.
I am running swift on my Mac, and I updated before I did stage 3 tonight. However after I completed the stage and was riding down the Alpe, Zwift crashed and none of my credit was saved. I didn’t have the chance to save my ride, is there anyway I can get credit for this? Wouldn’t be so upset if it was any other route!

Hi @Katrina_Wallace1 thanks for the quick check-in.

Would you mind sending us all of the log files from today? The logs on your Mac are more complete than the partial logs on our server. Here’s how to locate the log files, and the email address to use is in that link.

1 Like

I had the exact same issue happen to me…twice!! I completed TdZ Stage 3, the Road to Sky route and the Watopia Mountain route, and as soon as I crossed the finish line, Zwift crashed. When I logged back in, everything was there, time, route covered, but nothing about Tour de Zwift. Here is error message

2 Likes

Same here, the last 3 stage rides The app crashed at the finish line, I even got the congratulations by email, but the app registered it as a free ride, no credit for tour de zwift or haute route

@Ron_Bryan @Bartek_Grzywacz4603 Were you also logged in via iPad (IOS 12.5)?