Zwift auto upload to Garmin Connect?

(Todd Anthes) #1

New to Zwift.  It appears that Zwift can now (last week?) auto upload to Garmin Connect.  I have enabled Zwift to Garmin in Zwift . . . and Garmin Connect shows Zwift as a connection, but my when I save my Zwift ride it is not uploading to Garmin Connect. I use Garmin Connect as my bridge to Training Peaks, Strava, and MyFitness.  Help?  I have disconnected and reconnected the Zwift connection to no avail.

(Paul Allen) #2

How long are the rides you are trying to upload to Garmin Connect?

Just so you know when you upload the rides to Garmin Connect they will not upload to TP,Strava, or MyFitness, you will have to make separate connects for them.

(Todd Anthes) #3

All the rides are about an hour or so.

That is really strange about the separate connects for the other apps.  What does Garmin Connect care about the type of activity that it pushes out?  Is it because of the GPS data or a file type?

(Paul Allen) #4

Todd,

Garmin does not automatically upload to 3rd party sites (i.e. TP or Strava) from a 3rd party site (Zwift), if the ride data was originated from a Garmin device (bike computer or watch) then it would automatically upload to a 3rd party.

I know fro a short time last week there was an issue with Zwift’s connection to Garmin Connect, but I think that has been resolved. When was the last time you tried?

You can connect your Zwift account to the following: 

(Todd Anthes) #5

Thanks.  That makes sense now.

The last time I tried was late Friday eve (eastern US time zone).  I’ll try again today.

Appreciate the quick response!

(Steve Copeland) #6

I have been uploading to Garmin for months from Zwift.  Works a treat.

(John Bratteli (Blodsmak SK)) #7

Doesn’t work for me either. Syncs with Strava without problems. When I download the .fit-file from Zwift and try to upload it directly from the Garmin Connect site, all I recive is the following message: “An error occurred with your upload. Please try again”

(Frode Ander) #8

I sync to both Strava and Garmin, The upload works well, but on on Garmin i get no elevation data. Is this by design or an error in the interface? Strava show elevation data fine.

(Garvel Finklestein) #9

Garmin does not automatically upload to 3rd party sites (i.e. TP or Strava) from a 3rd party site (Zwift), if the ride data was originated from a Garmin device (bike computer or watch) then it would automatically upload to a 3rd party.

This is a problem for triathletes that want to use next-generation platforms like SportTracks to plan and analyze their performance.

Please get the direct link to SportTracks going as well. TP just doesn’t cut it.

(m c) #10

In Zwift I have connected to my Garmin Connect account as I want to see my Zwift activity in Garmin Connect.  I now have a few questions:

Does this mean I should now be able to see my historical Zwift activity in Garmin Connect?

I do not want to see my Garmin Connect activities in Zwift.

I am concerned that although it says on the Zwift connections page: _Connect and post activities to your Garmin account. _The agreement to make the connection appears to be all the other way around, and is all about taking data from Garmin to Zwift, something I do not want.

Having made the connection I cannot see any data from Zwift in Garmin or anything from Garmin in Zwift. So all in all a bit puzzled on what I have connected! 

By the way I see nothing in Garmin Connect to connect to Zwift.

(Paul Allen) #11

m c,

Your Zwift rides and runs will automatically be uploaded to Garmin Connect, any rides or runs done before the connection will need to be manually uploaded to Garmin Connect (it will not pull historical data).

This is a one-way connection (from Zwift to Garmin Connect), no data can be uploaded to Zwift.

(m c) #12

Thanks Paul, my concern was raised by the wording of the consent that you have to give to make the connection as it writes quite explicitly that data will be shared from Garmin to Zwift:

_ Do you consent to Garmin Connect sharing your information with Zwift? _

By connecting with Zwift, you agree to share information from your Garmin Connect account to enhance your experience with Zwift. This may include activities, location, heart rate, calories burned and other health data.

You can revoke this consent and disconnect from Zwift at any time in your Garmin Connect settings.