Zwift annual membership [SOLVED]

I know this has been brought up before, always with no resolution. I would like to have some sort of yearly subscription option.

For example, TrainerRoad (TR) has a monthly subscription at $15 / month or yearly at $130 / year. TR gives you about 4 months free if you pay for the year.

I would love TR level of discount here, however, I would be happy with pay for the year and get 1 or 2 months free.

Thanks

-marc

There is a yearly subscription option for Zwift, but you don’t get any kind of discount.

and how does one pay yearly? When I go to my profile and look under billing or orders I don’t see an option to pay yearly. If I attempt to change the credit card, I’m also not given an option to pay yearly.

Here: The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App

And there used to be one where you would get a Subscription to Bicyclist Magazine.

Thanks.

I still feel there needs to be a yearly subscription option. Does it really make sense for me to go an buy a gift card every year?

1 Like

I think there needs to be some option to pay for a limited duration, e.g. x hours per month. These prices are good value if Zwift is your main form of cycling/exercise but if you only have time to get on once or twice a week then it’s too much. They had my subscription coming in until this price increase, how much more will they miss out on by putting off this part of the market?

4 Likes

I encourage you all to go and listen to the discussion on this very issue from the latest zwiftcast where Simon Schofield interviews Zwift’s CEO.

The idea exposed by Eric Min was along the following lines:

• other companies function in a similar manner (think Netflix), the idea being first that zwift don’t want you to feel “stuck”,
  • this would not be a good indicator for zwift to assess what they do right or wrong (as they keep on adding up to the zwift experience).
  • Zwift want to earn riders’ money every month: while they don’t intend to “replace” or be an alternative to outdoor riding, they aim for being relevant all year irrespective of the season. It seems for them that at the moment winters are getting longer and summer shorter (less people unsubscribing during the hot months).

There is probably more in the discussion, but this is what I recall from listening to it all a few weeks ago during my zwift workout

I hope this helps.

Ride on.

3 Likes

I did listen to the discussion. I don’t agree with Eric’s thoughts.

Whether you pay monthly or yearly shouldn’t affect earning your user’s money every month.

I think that allowing yearly subscriptions will smooth out the cash flow of seasonal changes.

-marc

5 Likes

There really needs to be a yearly subscription option with a reasonable discount. Otherwise, I’ll let my subscription lapse over the summer months as it’s just too steep a price .

6 Likes

Have this issue been resolved? Can we pay annually?

Yes, but there is no discount: The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App

Thanks for the quick reply Paul. I want to reclaim the cost through my company’s sport subsidy. Submitting a receipt that says “gift card” might not cut it. Wondering whey we can’t just pay for a whole year?

5 Likes

I’m wondering if it would be possible for there to be an annual membership option? Obviously it would be a larger initial outlay, but overall it would be cheaper than 12 x 1 monthly payments

Here you go The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App - no discount however.

Add your support to this thread if you are keen Yearly Subscription Option

EDIT: Just saw this from Zwift … better get in quick as they are stopping Gift Cards!

Here’;s the thread 3 month gift card out of stock

although when they run out of the currently yearly codes they are not producing any more and no-longer doing gift cards

Beat me to it Barry :slight_smile:

Hi,
I think that it would be great to have an annual payment subscription option available.
For these people who want to reimburse this kind of fitness expenses with their employer it would be a great help. Furthermore a lot of other applications like Zwift and different fitness trackers offer some discounts (eg. 1-2 months extra) when paying in advance.
Please give your thoughts about that and cast your vote for this idea to let the support team know that it is an important issue important for us.

Best regards,
Michał

4 Likes

Hello,
Support told me to write here.
What I’m thinking is that if zwift choose to permit a yearly payment to us, they should promote a better price.
Today the price of 15 euros per month is very high.
With yearly payment they should downprice since they’re sure of payment for 12 month.
I’ve seen that all the world of services permit this solution and the price will arrive at 50 percent less than monthly.

many people like flexibility too though, being able to stop paying when the weather is nice and riding outside instead…

what if you get a sports injury and aren’t able to ride, or if you just decide that you want to quit the service but you’ve already paid up for 10 months into the future? long contracts can be a drag and can also create a lot of negative feelings towards a company.

from Zwifts point of view, yearly contracts at a lower price would reduce their income and also possibly make customers mad who get locked into contracts they want to exit. it’s not all sunshine and rainbows

Well, the point I think OP is making is that most subscriptions offer you the possibility to choose a yearly payment with a financial advantage while being “stuck” for 12 months, and a monthly payment for other users.

and I support the idea, since I’d love to have that

2 Likes