Zwift Academy Road 2020 Issues

If you do the workout as a group workout it shows up in ZP… trouble is all the intervals are all wrong so none of the 15s intervals are correctly captured

A week, 4 posts and 2 emails since they said it would be fixed in 48 hours and still not a word on when I’m going to be credited

Got the same problem Jorge. I ended second in the race and I’m not even in the final results…

1 Like

I have finished my first ZA race and after crossing the finish lane the program crashed and closed. I can read on the activity log that I have ended the race, but it is not on zwift, strava and other accounts linked and of course I’m not in the final results… Also I didn’t get credit for the ZA progress.
It works pretty bad, as the progress also shows that I have completed 3 workouts when I’ve only done 2…
I have read from other fellow Spanish cyclist that the crashing problem after a race might be because the lenguage settings after the last update on late September.
Let’s see if there is any solution to this…

2 Likes

It’s quite disappointing isn’t it Nick? I too haven’t heard from any of my comms, other than a bot replying to the forum or FAQ that have no solution to my issue.

1 Like

Hi All,

I had a strange pop up screen the other night.
Here’s a link to the screenshot: subscribe to Zwift now

To make matters worse it popped up at the 3min to go mark on the ZA road group ride (not that it really mattered during a group ride) but at least let me finish first before trying to sell me something.

Not sure if this is the new direction for HQ to get new subscribers but I’ve been a loyal subscriber as has my wife for the past 18-24 months and it seems a little negligible to say the least.

Laptop shut down after end of groupride before.i could save it . Can this still be credited

During the first group workout on Oct 1st my phone battery was low with 4 minutes of cool down remaining when it cut out. When I came back in it asked me if I wanted to rejoin the session but took me to the Warm up stage so I did 4 mins to “complete” workout. As I could see I hadn’t been credited with completion I did the same group workout on Oct 2nd to completion without issue. Whilst me session was recorded- it did not appear as an academy workout! However I did receive credit for completing workout #1. I have subsequently completed the 2nd workout and received credit for it - but the credit for workout 1 has now been removed???

I completed a group ride, but Zwift crashed while “transferring me back to the world” so of course I didn’t get credit. Even though it’s listed on Zwift power.

Workout text is wrong. “we are about to work, get ready, go!” you mean fight ERG for 30 seconds to pedal as slowly as possible to hit 70 watts miss the star and then sprint?

I know it’s hard to make sure the workout text is right. It requires a person to read the text once. It’s not like they have had a huge surge in ridership over the last few months.

Gang - we’ve been working on fixing the issues with the ZA credits and progress tracker.

Please see this Support Hub article that outlines the different facets.

1 Like

But this just takes us in a perpetual loop. I’ve spent 2 weeks asking for my credit to be applied via emails, phone calls, this forum and NOTHING.

1 Like

Still nothing… has anyone actually been credited or is it just me (and you)

1 Like

Dear Zwift,

Any updates on these issues? My third workout still isn’t showing even after the ‘fix’ you mention elsewhere. My companion app also not showing I have completed what I’ve done.

M

Me too. Howe ver, looking at this feed I think there are still problems. I’m at a loss.

The funniest thing is the loop I am in. I send note explaining my issue, they respond telling to review and article and if the article says the bug has been fixed but if you are still having the issue ‘reach out’. So I reach out and they send me back to the article. Low and behold, they say the bug for the 1st workout has been fixed but if you’re experiencing problems reach out…

Kit not granted, data inconsistent across different apps.

Zwift dot com has it correctly. 5/8 workouts and 4/4 rides, meaning 9/12, kit should be granted.

Companion app has it wrong, as it displays 7/8 workouts (wrong) and 4/4 rides (right)
66% is wrong as it is clearly not 11/12, and also not 9/12 (75%)

Zwift app has it wrong as well as it shows 5/8 workouts (right) but only 3/4 rides (wrong), which is probably why I still haven’t been granted the kit.

How difficult is it to count up to 12?
Can’t upload a screenshot btw, I get an error msg “Sorry, you can’t embed media items in a post.”

Cheers,
editing and posting seems to take the screenshot…
Xavier

3 Likes

I guess the problem is the code itself.
No idea if zwift is based on an specific engine or if they did the ugly way and coded it itself.
In the end its far from being flawless or done so you could place this game in the category Beta phase and people playing beta testers.

The point that for every new event series people are complaining about not getting the kit, the events probably counted or whatever is quite amusing and appalling at the same time. It looks like the problem never has been fixed.

Its a sports game. So where is the sportsmanship?
It like this game a lot but all these points above make less attractive year by year… :pensive:

1 Like

Ok…so Zwift is now showing the 4th workout as complete (correct) but is still showing the 3rd workout as incomplete (incorrect). Has anyone else got this anomaly?

M

Work out 2 and 3 are both not registered as Academy workouts in my case. In both cases after work out ended, Zwift simply froze (on IPad). Joining a training programme is pretty useless if this is not solved…

Most annoying though is I’ve been trying to get in touch with Support three times now, but the boys and girls don’t want to bother answering paying customers and at least pretending to care…

1 Like

It seems our favorite “Game” also known as a potential favorite passion (Cycling, running, competing) can’t keep up with the popular demand of its use. Although it makes me wonder if the only goal is find the next great cyclist for the highest paying team. If so, maybe they could all pitch in to assist the overwhelmed developers in making the “Game” better for paying customers. A majority who will never meet that goal! Even though, maybe thousands can still put forth the biggest efforts trying! That’s the real feature…
This thread has many requests and I’d simply like to request a way to plan the month in advance so I know how to plan for my best effort.