Zwift Academy Road 2020 FAQ

Exactly my thoughts on all of this.

More so, I didn’t even sign up for Today’s Plan b/c Zwift Academy Road 2020 FAQ - the one a link was provided for on the academy road pages on Zwift web site (i.e. not this forum post) - said it’s optional if you’re not competing for the pro contract (which I am not)…

If I’m not going for the contract, do I need to open a Today’s Plan account?
You are not required to join Today’s Plan, but we highly recommend you sign up for the complimentary account for a complete Zwift Academy Road experience.

But then, confusingly enough, it also says the following (which, to be honest, I only noticed now, after double checking it… and it’s rather a “fine print” one):

What do I need to do to graduate Zwift Academy?
… You’ll also need to sign up with Today’s Plan. …

Interestingly enough, it’s NOT outlined in this forum version of the Zwift Academy Road 2020 FAQ, which makes it very confusing whether it’s really a general requirement for everyone participating, i.e. to be able to graduate from the academy at all, or if it’s a pro-contract requirement only.

If I actually don’t get to graduate from the Academy Road 2020 only b/c I didn’t sign up for a Today’s Plan account, it would be very, very frustrating!

So, now I feel lost and don’t really understand what all of this effort was really for… I mean don’t get me wrong: these were some really nice workouts created by some very experienced coaches and I am happy to get access to those and happy I’ve completed it all, I’m just somewhat disappointed b/c:

• It looks like I won’t be given a credit and graduate from the academy despite all the effort (all the workouts and rides completed in time)
  • It looks like I won’t be getting any “insight report” from Zwift on how well I did for either each of the sessions or for all the academy workouts overall

If that’s indeed the case, it would be quite frustrating, but I hope I at least am going to get a credit and graduate from the academy (whatever that means really - at this point I’m not even sure what that “graduation” is all about anyways) despite missing the Today’s Plan account/subscription (and, thus, any insight on my academy performance).

Would be nice if someone from Zwift could confirm/clarify as I’m sure I’m not the only one wondering.

4 Likes