Zwift Academy 2022 issues

Following…is it possible to restore proper segment times on the basis of watts, by removing the rubber band effect? Or does this mean people affected will have to / can choose to do the baseline ride again? Or are we unlucky now and cannot benefit from it anymore? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Strava segments will help with the power over the segment.

My email has come through with no power or w/kg on it. No information about my rider type either.

Very disappointing Zwift!

2 Likes

Mine too came blank. I was disappointed that the feedback offered never came. Sad

2 Likes

There’s no way to get our actual data-is there…? We just have to do it again…? I mean, I know ‘first world problems’, but, I scheduled my week around doing a baseline, and was feeling good and well-rested for this. Beyond infuriating.

5 Likes

I think we are unlucky by being the guinea pics here. :weary::sob:

1 Like

I planned to do the baseline tomorrow morning but I’m going to put it off until I hear that people are getting accurate results. That’s still unclear based on the comments on the forum.

2 Likes

So I need to do it again and not do any other academy event until I’ve completed the baseline? How long do we have to do everything and how many events?

I did my baseline ride today for Zwift Academy 2022 Road,and received my email, but the phenotype and segment results were blank. Has this happened to anyone else

2 Likes

My email didn’t even try to tell me what my type was!

3 Likes

Maybe blank is good… my email arrived, indicating my phenotype must be “endomorph”
:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Unfortunately, yes :weary:

Just correcting my own misinformation: the email I received from Zwift gave me w/kg and “percentile”, not segment time.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I didn’t know my email was also missing watts per kilo measurements for each segment

I didn’t even receive an email even though my settings say they are enabled. How can I get the information? And how do I know if my baseline ride was banded? It didn’t seem to be.

3 Likes

I also didn’t receive an email unfortunately after doing my baseline at 5pm PST today… So far, I haven’t figured out any way to get the data from zwift. bummer :frowning:

3 Likes

I can see my times for the 3 segments on the companion app but it’s certainly not a phenotype and doesn’t give me any more information. Sigh.

2 Likes

Zwift probably stopped the emails because they were not displaying the correct data/text. They will probably send it out once they’ve figured everything out.

1 Like

What a totally frustrating Baseline ride it was last night and then to receive an incomplete email later summed up the experience perfectly.

Only wish I had read the forum beforehand and then I would have rescheduled doing it and saved myself the hassle.

As the rest of the ZA workouts are available on demand, any chance the baseline ride could also be done this way as well.

I get that for some doing a workout in a group is motivating, however for me the rubberband effect makes it frustrating.

My life does not fit very well into the 1 hour time scheduled timeslots given but having it on demand allows me to do this. It is great the rest of the ZA workouts are on demand just not the baseline/finishline. Any reason why not?

2 Likes

And me too!

I just went ahead and started the workouts. I had a slot to do the baseline on Monday and then not again until Friday due to ZRL and late nights at work this week. With only 4 weeks to complete ZA this year you can’t afford to lose 5 days.

Maybe ZHQ could extend the deadline given this was their error …

2 Likes