Zwfit freezes midride (since end of june update)

Hi guys, the update is out. Try it.

For me, my GPU driver is still crashing.

Intel has a new driver also… maybe it can help you out.

Update ?

I managed to get through Stage 4 (B) of TDZ just now without my laptop crashing.

A few things that I also did:
turned off windows game mode
switched to the lowest resolution in zwift
rebooted before launching zwift .

I will keep you posted on what happens the next few days.

1 Like

Hello ,

I’m new to this issue. Everything was fine till last update of Zwift. 3 times in a row.

Another update is on the way but I don’t think it will solve our issues.

Same issue for me - crashed twice tonight mid ride. Same GPU crash, but I can’t find any updates on the Intel site. I contacted Zwift support a week ago, who escalated it to the 2nd line of support but no response from them. Has anyone had any luck from support, or is it time to put the subscription on hold and come back in a few months if the issue has been resolved?

I think it is a more generic issue and not related to Intel GPUs.
My Gaming PC with AMD RX5700XT GPU also freezes from time to time. Not every ride but sometimes. My Gaming PC is not crashing in any high demanding game but Zwift does not work properly.
I have installed recent drivers and also Zwift is up to date. Last freeze I had the day before yesterday. This all started somewhen in summer (yes, June might fit) and Zwift is not able to fix it. Before I never had any freezes.

I think you have a different, but possibly related, issue. The problems with lots of Intel GPU-based systems crashing started around December time.

1 Like

The one that crashes for me is also LG gram. Someone else online posted same on Microsoft site. Zwift support came back to me saying its a Hardware problem. Disappointed. Haven’t tried recent patches as I don’t want to lose a ride/run!

It is not hardware. I bought two LG gram, same configuration, same problem.I tried the last Intel driver from last week. The issue is still here.

Don’t waste your time like me. The problem is zwift and they know it.

Intel monitored my computer. This is zwift that make the GPU crash from a bad coding.

yes looks the problem still exists. I just crashed half way through stage 6 of tour de zwift. Very frustrating.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about Zwift coding, could be it is not the best. But no LG gram has a dedicated GPU, all of them have Iris Xe integrated graphics. The comparison with GTX 1650 (this is a LOW END gaming card):

I hope Zwift can make it possible for you, but it is surely not the easiest job.

Milan, the GPU is running on a bunch of MacBook with zero crash. The coding is better on apple products.

I answered to LG gram hardware, being a Win user I have no idea about the Apple world.

I agree that Zwift should be able to recover from an error. Everything else on the LG laptop does.

I did try 2 runs with latest updates and didn’t get a freeze but it was 1 in 4/5 times so could be luck too.

Note: I have a similarly spec’d Mac that never crashes. Windows I get a spinning wheel in Zwift app only and it’s done. I think enough people have an LG gram they should fix it.

Once more - try Google search about gaming and graphics - you will ALWAYS find a recommendation to use a dedicated GPU. The last gen of Intel integrated GPUs seems to be better, but no chance to have the power of an Nvidia. I do not want be a Zwift lawyer, but try to be fair - Zwift is running on hundreds (or thousands?) of different devices, with different OS.

Have you more 3D games on your LG tested? Zwift software is surely not the best coded application, but you cannot compare it with some office software or streaming (Netflix, Spotify) as many people here in forums do.

Ok did 4 runs. 2 group 2 solo. All drivers latest as of Jan 29th 2021. Crashed on the 3rd run so back to 1/4 times. All the lowest settings on. Not fixed on LG gram.

“Display driver igfxn stopped responding and has successfully recovered.“

Guys, more update I’ve received today. Patience is the key for the moment.

I am also having a problem with my LG gram. It’s constantly freezing sometimes I can be 600m from the end and it crashes on me very frustrating. I have tried absolutely everything at my end hard wiring. Allowing zwift through firewall. Making sure my server and proxy are working properly.

I’ve done the same thing. Don’t waste ur time. Tried without firewall, router, cloud, all kind of driver.

I bought two LG gram and same issue.