YOU CAN SHOW EQUIPMENT TYPE DURING RIDE- WORK AROUND

**_Ok, being a bit frustrated with not knowing the equipment people are using ( so I can compare apples to apples during the ride) , I propose a work around.  

You can sign into your account at My Zwift and edit your profile. For your last name, you can append \_EQuipment. This will show up on the screen when you ride, so all can see what you are riding. I am L Read\_CT for computrainer.  

I propose the following convention-   
\_CT for computrainer   
\_KR Kickr   
\_CO Cycleops   
\_ZZ Zpower   
\_ST Stages   
\_SRM Srm- doh!   
\_PT Powertap   
\_QQ Quarq   
\_PX Powr2max   
\_VcT Garmin Vector   
\_LK Look pm   
\_TcX Tacx smart trainer  

OR ZWIFT CAN JUST ADD EQUIPMENT TYPE AS AN OPTION IN MY ZWIFT PROFILES._**

oops ,  we dont need the back slash. cant cut and paste plain text into the comments!

If you don’t like things the way they are then don’t use it. It’s a terrible idea to clutter the rider column with useless information, and really it’s not your business what kind of trainer other people are using. It’s bad enough there already a group of people who feel the need to advertise their website, or club affiliation, or whatever else by modifying their last name. If Zwift wants to display this information then Zwift will display the information. If you want to make a suggestion to display this information then by all means submit a feature request. Don’t try and change the experience for everyone by coming up with your own design plan and recommending that everyone follow it because you are frustrated.

Ride on. 

I like it.

Who defines useless information?

Nobody needs to do anything ,  Cory- do what you want. If we take the path of your logic , then we dont need any info on the screen, just the graphics will do- for the most pure experience. BTW, I did submit a request. 

It’s just a videogame afterall, dont get too uptight about it.  

I think it’s kinda cool. And since it’s a community-oriented approach, I think it makes it nice that it sits in the name versus having another window or segment.

At the moment I don’t think it’s any more obtrusive than *some* of the usernames we’ve seen riding the island (and, yes, I am talking about those who are adding in their website to their username).

Some good online game naming conventions show specific guild abbreviations after their username like: RandomGuy [WoWDudes]

But Cory brings up a good point in that putting together some good naming conventions to avoid spam and clutter are necessary.

I think long term Zwift should introduce “Category Riding”, 

Cat A - Watt Equipment - like the Kickr

CAT B - for Ant+ power Meters

CAT C - for those on  VPC / ZPower

thoughts?

Similar things have been brought up.