World ICR Race Series

Yeah I have no problem with that. It would be nice to know if I’m actually registered though. Even ride Makuri etc. only seems to update the GC 3 or 4 times per week, and that’s GOT to be automated :grin:

If you got the email with the racepass links, then you are signed up

I didn’t. But I did post an enquiry on their contact form and they sent a link

Where did you get the links to do the first race then?

But I did post an enquiry on their contact form and they sent a link. Someone also posted it in this very thread

Ok. So as long as you completed the registration process I would assume that you are signed up

Now updated, and I’m in :smiley:
The number of participants in C+ has almost doubled since last update, so probably a lot of work for them to do.

Alex, Check your current ZP cat best-of-3 average before signing up for C+ again :wink:

It’s 3.1981 which is why it shows as “almost B” and not B. That happened on Tuesday night before Wednesday’s race. Is there a category between 3.19 and 3.20 that I’m unaware of? :rofl:

Sorry, my bad; my ZP cat is only displayed to 2 decimal places.

W-ICR C+ cat ceiling is 3.19 and their B-cat starts at 3.20. I guess you’re either lucky or unlucky, depending on whether you’re a glass half-full or half-empty kind of guy :rofl:

ZP is just inconsistent. It should either display more decimal places or truncate to two instead of rounding.

I had to work out the precise numbers from my three highest raw Watts and weight to see why I was “3.20” and still only “almost B”.

Maybe ZP is simply rounding the average of the 3 best results for display purposes only, based on accepted mathematical principles :thinking:

3.1981 = 3.20 to rounded to either 2 decimal or 2 significant figures (= Cat B).

Your situation suggests that they aren’t rounding the average for their actual category determination i.e. they are considering 3.1981 as 3.19 and not 3.20 putting you as a C, almost B on ZP?

Absolutely, but as evidenced here it causes confusion.

The lack of precision in cat boundaries is not ideal. Clearly there is a space between 3.19 and 3.20, when what they really mean is that the boundary is at >=3.20 you’re a B.

1 Like