Workoutmode = no steady watt

(Mikael Jonsson) #1

In Workoutmode a steady cadence did not get a steady watt and this made it harder to stay in the zone’s and also took some focus away from the workout.
Btw. I Use a Tacx Bushido Smart trainer.

(David Cain) #2

Yep… had the exact issues yesterday with the Smart Bushido… 

(Daren Chandisingh [Vision]) #3

I’m on a Tacx Vortex Smart, and had the same problem. Even though (as far as I can tell), my pedalling is smooth, the displayed “current power” was leaping all over the place. That might just be because that’s how the trainer reports power to the game, but a 3 second average might be more useful for “current power”.

(Duane Gran [Vision]) #4

I use a CompuTrainer and for some reason the power figure seems to wag a bit more in the workout mode for me too.  It hasn’t greatly inhibited me over durations exceeding 30 seconds, but 10 second intervals were pretty hard to nail due to variability.

(Andrew Jarrod) #5

https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/204313546-Training-with-Power

(Stef Levolger) #6

The problem is the power readings aren’t being averaged out. There’s always a high fluctuation in current power. A 3 second average would be more appropriate for these workout modes.

(Ross Moore) #7

I agree, it needs 3 second average and segment average. 

(Randy Sandberg) #8

I too was able to reproduce this issue earlier tonight (prior to the latest update) using a Wahoo KICKR (firmware = v1.3.32), an i7 powered 13" MacBook Air connected via Thunderbolt/HDMI to a 40" Sony HDTV, and a Garmin Ant+ Stick connected to a 6’ USB extension cable placed about 1 meter away from my KICKR during a workout session. I was supposed to ride 90 minutes at 140 watts and regardless of how steady I held my cadence, measured by a Wahoo RPM 2 (firmware = v2.0.10), I saw power fluctuations between 120 and 160 RPM. Looking forward to retesting with the latest update! :slight_smile:

(Marlon Kruis TeamODZ (X)) #9

Same here on the Bushido Smart with the FTP test. Watt and cadence were all over the place sometimes. This normally isn’t problem within Zwift regular rides. I did the test with ERG off!

(Porthos Woofs ODZ (D)) #10

Same thing for me on all the higher (>130W) segments on Tacx Bushido. It seemed find for the lower W segments (pretty easy to keep steady W). On higher effort segments the trainer resistance jumped all over the place and it was impossible to get a steady effort.

(Mikael Jonsson) #11

Today I tried SST (short). still same flux in watt.

(Pascal Fleury) #12

I am lucky to own a Bushido Smart since last week. I must say that it behaves perfectly with Zwift. During workouts, the power tracks the setpoint, even if I change my cadence or gearing. There is a small delay for the adjustment but really not a problem. I had to update the firmware on my brake but now everything is flawless. I think Zwift and Bushido Smart works great together. I am just wondering what resistance level to set in normal rides (non-erg mode) for a realistic road feel. I have found the Bushido a fairly strong brake, so I don’t set the resistance to max in Zwift, otherwise every little change in incline would lead to a great change in resistance. Comments welcome !

(Pascal Fleury) #13

I am lucky to own a Bushido Smart since last week. I must say that it behaves perfectly with Zwift. During workouts, the power tracks the setpoint, even if I change my cadence or gearing. There is a small delay for the adjustment but really not a problem. I had to update the firmware on my brake but now everything is flawless. I think Zwift and Bushido Smart works great together. I am just wondering what resistance level to set in normal rides (non-erg mode) for a realistic road feel. I have found the Bushido a fairly strong brake, so I don’t set the resistance to max in Zwift, otherwise every little change in incline would lead to a great change in resistance. Comments welcome !