Workout Schedules

Hi,

Sorry for the stupid question.

There are various workouts. For example, say there’s a six week workout schedule, where the first week has days 1 to 5 (1,2,3,4 with a workout, and 5 with rest). What happens if I cannot do all the 5 days in a given week. Can I just carry on the following week, or are we forced to follow the schedule ?

The reason I ask is I don’t have a lot of free time, and like to mix up running outside and indoor cycling.

Thanks !

Rob

You’re not forced to follow any type of strict schedule. Theoretically, you could start on week 3 of an 8 week program if you wanted. 

The workouts are there to give you a guide, they can be followed as strictly or as loosely as you choose.

Good luck with training!

Thanks Joseph,

I’m primarily a runner, but want to get into cycling. For running, I’ve never followed training plans, and just listenened to my body.

For cycling, however, I feel I need to follow a plan as I’m not a natural cyclist.

I would assume that if I follow a training plan, from start to finish, but did not respect the days per week (e.g. do 5 workouts over 2 weeks instead of 1 week) the workouts may not be effective depending on what I did on the ‘cycling day missed’ (probably a run).

I guess I’ll have to study the stress points for each workout to determine the type of run I do the day before/after.

Cheers !

Hey Robert - I don’t think you will have to be as strict as you’re thinking. Just like with running, listen to your body. If you’re scheduled to do a hard effort on the bike, say an interval day or something, and your legs are not feeling fresh, wait an extra day or do a slow spin.

I’ve been riding for years and was able to get quite strong just by riding, and listening to my body. I’d suggest you go with what has worked for you with running, but use some of the tools the Zwift offers to get you there.

Cheers!

1 Like