- Platform and OS: Mac with MacOS 10.15.7 (Catalina)
- Zwift version: 1.19.0 (100118)
- Not using Companin App
- Based in Belgium
- Trainer: Direto XR, with latest firmware updated
I’ve been happily using my Direto XR on Zwift for 1 year now.
Since a few days ago however, without any changes done in my setup, I experience much harder workouts (around 25% harder).
ERG is on (and always has in workout mode), my cadence is aligned and stable, however power is about 25% higher than on target, and Zwift continuously says “reduce power”.
If you look at the attached picture, you see that my warmup started OK, but then became harder than expected (bringing me to close from my red zone already, while it usually ends at the high end of my blue zone), and then first interval (220W) immediately gives me a power fluctuating around 300W! I’m of course OK with fluctuations, but the average is obviously far too high.
- Re-initialised my power trainer, and updated it to its latest firmware.
- Done another trainer calibration, via the Elite iOS app
- Done another trainer calibration, via Zwift
- Uninstalled and reinstalled Zwift (the ugly way though: Moving the app package to the trash, and re-downloading it)
Every time, I re-tried a workout and suffered from the same.
I then tried a workout using a trial on FulGaz, and it seems OK… However I’m not keen to leave Zwift, unless I really have to.
Are there any recommendations on how to work around this within Zwift?