Workout on Elite Direto XR suddenly far too hard

• Platform and OS: Mac with MacOS 10.15.7 (Catalina)
  • Zwift version: 1.19.0 (100118)
  • Not using Companin App
  • Based in Belgium
  • Trainer: Direto XR, with latest firmware updated

Dear All,

I’ve been happily using my Direto XR on Zwift for 1 year now.

Since a few days ago however, without any changes done in my setup, I experience much harder workouts (around 25% harder).

ERG is on (and always has in workout mode), my cadence is aligned and stable, however power is about 25% higher than on target, and Zwift continuously says “reduce power”.

If you look at the attached picture, you see that my warmup started OK, but then became harder than expected (bringing me to close from my red zone already, while it usually ends at the high end of my blue zone), and then first interval (220W) immediately gives me a power fluctuating around 300W! I’m of course OK with fluctuations, but the average is obviously far too high.

I have:

• Re-initialised my power trainer, and updated it to its latest firmware.
  • Done another trainer calibration, via the Elite iOS app
  • Done another trainer calibration, via Zwift
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled Zwift (the ugly way though: Moving the app package to the trash, and re-downloading it)

Every time, I re-tried a workout and suffered from the same.

I then tried a workout using a trial on FulGaz, and it seems OK… However I’m not keen to leave Zwift, unless I really have to.

Are there any recommendations on how to work around this within Zwift?

Many thanks,
G

Has your FTP been automatically adjusted up due to your 20 minute power registering higher? I would have a look at that, and compare it certainly with what’s entered in FulGaz.

If so, might be worth re-testing your FTP.

Many thanks, but I can confirm FTP wasn’t changed in Zwift, and I’m actually in great shape, so nothing to explain a sudden issue like this.

Moreover, it gives me the expected and very achieveable targets, but puts too much power (while telling me to reduce it!).

Happended to me this week, too. Elite Direto XR, Zwift on Windows 11. Combined with the crashes with latest AMD drivers it is really annyoing. Zwift ran great for about a year und now there are multiple problems. For calibration and restart helped, but the behaviour was the same.

Thanks for sharing, and strange that several users experience such a sudden issue almost at the same time.

Anyone has ideas how to fix this?

Today, I’ll do my scheduled workout, but disabling ERG. Wish me luck :wink:

I have a different problem with my XR-T, though it might be a Zwift problem; every so often the cadence drops to half of what it should be. I need to stop pedalling briefly to get the cadence to be read correctly again.

Today ERG problems also appeared on Android (which I have to use because Zwift will randomly crash with Windows 11 on AMD Drivers). Well now I am out of options und can cancel my subscription because after one year of no problems I have now no devices capable of running Zwift without errors…