Workout Mode Question

Interesting :thinking:

Thanks for the confirmation!

Just for scoring XP in some cases. I can recall exacty one case: Completing new route few minutes faster (for example 950 XP when finishing Achterbahn). And for Strava’s PR if anyone cares :slight_smile:

I try to be faster on Alpe du Zwift - always in workout mode modelling my effort, addjusting the workout (Over/Under, SST) - so drafiting first kilometers and having lighter set on the climb really helps :slight_smile:

You can’t draft in workout mode

Yes you get draft benefit in a workout and people can draft you.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right. I could have sworn I looked this up a few years ago and was told no. Just looked it up again and the answer is yes. Thanks for that. Now I’ll just ride my road frame during workouts instead of a TT bike. May as well get whatever draft I can when I can.

So, I was somewhat expecting that you get draft benefits, it’s nice to have that confirmed. Not sure why people think it’s bad if they draft however (like why choose a TT bike to stop that?).

Anyhow…
In terms of “does the bike matter” in my case the bike during a workout matters (a slight bit)… what I’m doing is my workouts on the Alpe to get the badge that shall not be named on this forum apparently - Even if the workouts are one hour (i.e. not enough for me to get to the top in a workout), after the workout is done I keep going and finish the Alpe before getting the XP on the way down. If I use a Mountain Bike for instance I won’t get quite as high up the Alpe during the workout and will need to keep going for longer compared to if I use the Cannondale EVO with the Alpe wheelset during the workout.

Again, it’s probably not a big difference, but after my workouts I’m always happy to get whatever benefit I can in that regard :slight_smile: