Windows 10 recaptcha_en.js login error [November 2021] [SOLVED]

My PC seems to forget my login with update (not always…).

I have the same issue using a work PC and cant amend the restricted sites.

Come on Zwift fix this!

Dont work for me …
Fix it!

Did you try pressing yes a few times.

I have a SIMILAR Problem, Zwift will not start in my Windows 10 machine with ample hardware ressource

Could it be that this is a result of not having 1. the Edge Browser installed on Windows 10 ( I use Chrome and Firefox) and **consequently 2. not set as default browser?

If yes, please Zwift Techies do confirm, and maybe there is a workoround to use another default browser? ( I am not fond of installing edge or worse IE due to security, and am even less inclined to set it as default browser)

P.S. the dialogue with the non human support you have introduced is difficult at best.
If yes, that could likely

Code Z117 relates to a patching error, it’s nothing to do with the browser used for the launcher. See elsewhere on the forum.

1 Like

Fixed by installing Microsoft Edge and removing Internet Explorer.
Google how to remove Internet Explorer

hi
i have tried the above internet options - restricted pages + clearing the cache
NO luck

zwift launching app does not log me in
I have tried to change my passwod, reinstalled the application/softwarer, logged into my web account STILL the same problem that the application launcher has a scipt error

what can i do more?

If your problem is the gstatic / recaptcha_en.js script, then the workaround is to add www . gstatic . com to Restricted Sites in Internet Options.

If the script error message does not mention gstatic . com, then your problem is different.

thanks
I added to the restricted sites. the issue is not resolved and I still have a script error message (although not every time I try to login)

any clues?

Zwift have a new launcher (1.1.0) based on Edge Webview2 instead of an Internet Explorer control.

This new launcher fixes the recaptcha problem.

You can get it by downloading the Zwift setup from the website. You do not have to uninstall your old version, just install on top of it.

4 Likes

Didn’t realise they’d released it. When was that, do you know?

1 Like

I wonder if the new launcher makes a difference to the stuttering/flickering (?) issue at high frame rates?

Nope, still the same. :frowning:

How frustrating :frowning:

I’m used the workaround but now I can’t login to Zwift, it keeps pushing me back to the username and password screen… please advise :pray:

Get the latest launcher from Download Zwift on iOS, MAC, PC, or Android Devices | Zwift and run it. No need to reinstall the full game, it’ll just update the launcher for you. It uses Edge rather than Internet Explorer, so you should be faced with a clean login screen. If you can’t get in after that, you’ll need to contact Zwift Support. Hope this helps.

1 Like

UPDATE:

This launcher bug has been resolved with a new Windows launcher v1.1.0. Please update to today’s game release 1.21.0, and say “yes” to all the update prompts to also update the launcher app.

Here is a thread with more information about the new launcher version.

So the good news is I no longer get the script error… and that’s all the news I have that’s good. I’m still stuck on Preparing to Update.