Why is Zwift support so abysmal?

Is the device you’re running zwift on showing the correct timezone?

There is a world hack to change the time and date of your phone to the date of the world you want to ride so maybe that could also skew your calendar if it is incorrect?

Oh, you might be right. Oops.

Yes the device is running the correct date, time, and time zone. I have not changed the time zone in over a year. I haven’t traveled outside Sydney since before February 2020. I have restarted the device (laptop) quite a few times. I have also reinstalled the Zwift app twice. It was in the correct timezone until about two months ago then suddenly went wrong.

Did you delete all the files in the documents folder and all traces of Zwift before reinstalling?

If you type TZUTIL /g at the command prompt what do you get ?

1 Like

@Tony_Merritt

I’m pinging @Josie_L as she seems to be in charge of ensuring that issues submitted to Zwift Ambassadors without resolution get escalated properly to tech support. Hopefully she can help you.

Josie here is Tony’s original problem which he contacted support and posted on the forum:

Do you mean in the terminal window?

Hi Mike, if I do that will I lose all my ride history, FTP etc?

At the CMD prompt.
Type CMD and its should say Command Prompt
Open it and then type TZUTIL /g and then press the Enter key

It will display what it thinks is your current time Zone
eg
TZUTIL /g
AUS Eastern Standard Time

Type Exit to close the command prompt

Here’s what I see in the Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 5.32.40 pm
window

My apologies I assumed a PC
Can you check that the correct Timezone is selected by following this link - hopefully correct for you
Search for support Apple mac HT203413
i cant paste a hyperlink

Hi John, I’m very grateful for your willingness to offer help.
I am confident the time zone is correct. I’d add that I have not changed time zones in a year and a half, and this issue started suddenly two months ago.
Cheers Tony

No problem Tony, i’m sure there would have been some Apple updates in that time and could possibly have changed something or disabled your location services

Are you absolutely sure the course calendar actually used to adapt to your time zone? I mean, the course changeover happens at the same time for everybody so it only matches the calendar day in eastern US and elsewhere in that timezone, so I’m not sure making it timezone-sensitive even makes that much sense. (Then again of course I personally never ride early enough to notice the discrepancy myself…)

You can follow the instructions here to delete Zwift folders and reinstall but keep your Personal Bests and Custom Workouts:

Thank you @Lebasi_Lashley for bringing this to my attention. @Tony_Merritt I’ve located your query, and we’ll get someone in touch with you to follow up.

I’ve juts installed Zwift on a completely different computer in a completely different physical location. I’ve never had Swift on that computer before. I have the same problem. So I can’t see how it has anything to do with my computer. It’s seems to be a issue at Zwift’s end.

Just wondering if you use a VPN to connect ?

Looking at some other posts It uses the login time of the Game application that is controlling your trainer so is that the same or a different computer ?

Hey @Josie_L, genuine question - How do users actual get support and an update on any issues raised?

I raised an issue in the midst of the summer and not had any response to this at all.

It’s a fault zwift have introduced and need to fix, so this forum is not helpful to resolve.

I have this evening tried to follow up the email which resulted in me being pointed to the generic support pages.
I then tried to the chat option and was told no one is available after a wait.

So, how do we get support and a response to issues?
Is there a secret handshake I’m missing?

Hey Lee -

We have several tools and systems in place to support our members today. We start at support.zwift.com, and the contact us button is where members are able to get in touch with our larger team. We’re always looking to improve all pathways and processes. Currently, we’re looking to improve those escalation pathways, and find the best way to send updates on the latest bugs and issues that arise.

I do see your inquiry, and apologies - our chat system has hit a bit of a road bump today and we are working through those now. We’ll get someone in touch with you soon.