What does Zwift consider as "early march"?

Because that’s when the Scotland routes was/is supposed to open up .

“For the time being, the Scotland map is for events only. Beginning in March, Scotland will be open for free rides giving all Zwifters the chance to explore, train and compete in their own playful way.”

If I recall correctly early March is when event organisers could start scheduling events on Scotland. The free rides wouldn’t be coming until mid March. Which is this week when Zwift releases the March update (the last bit about this week being the update release is purely guesswork on my part and should not be considered as based on any actual knowledge of the release schedule).

2 Likes

I guess when we get game update, hopefully this week.

2 Likes

Maybe it will be a later release?

If they want to drop PD4 with the next update, they may decide to wait until the ToW is finished and Easter hols are out of the way, though that would push it back to mid-April.

They didn’t say which year.

2 Likes

What counts as early in March?

Ides don’t know.

4 Likes

We’re not dropping PD4 in this update and wont do so without testing in a whole world either (this wont happen this update).

Availability for Scotland for meetups, free ride etc should happen next update.

Et tu, Tom

2 Likes

Cheers James, good to know.

According to the FAQ [1] the 5th of March.

Q: Can you do free rides on the Scotland map?
A: For the time being, the Scotland map is for events only. Beginning in March, Scotland will be open for free rides giving all Zwifters the chance to explore, train, and compete in their own playful way.

They didn’t made it available.

[1] support dot zwift dot com/en_us/scotland-faq-r1IwskBco

to be fair that does say beginning in march not the beginning of march

3 Likes

You’re right. I mixed it up with a question a few lines above:

Q: When will event organizers be able to schedule events in Scotland?
A: Starting March 5th, event organizers will be able to request events be scheduled in Scotland.

i requested a scotland course for my event and was granted that request. (first instance was mar 8)

We’ve acted on requests on Scottish routes from March 6. Everything else will be possibke next update.

Young man, you are on holiday, go do holiday things! :wink:

9 Likes

I’m on holiday too. If you want a new course with lots of elevation changes, create a Sidewalks of New Orleans route.

Beat me to it

1 Like

Routes are available to organisers through event management portal as of yesterday I think it was.

I assume for general use might be waiting on update next week.

1 Like

Oh Tom, dost thou lie so low?

1 Like