What does m/km mean in Zwift hacks?

This is a dumb question but I’m new to Zwift hacks. Picking my route for TDZ 4 and noticing that routes have different m/km. Wouldn’t the m/km depend on the rider? How can hacks determine this? And how do I use the information. Thanks!!

If you are referring to the m/km listed in the Climb column, this is showing how many meters of (virtual) elevation gain there are per kilometer of riding.

1 Like

Say you are trying to complete the Climb (the height of) Mt. Everest challenge (not necessarily all in one ride). You could use m/km to focus on the hillier rides - it would be extremely difficult to complete the challenge just riding, say, Tempus Fugit, which is so flat that it would take you forever. Conversely, say you were trying to complete the Rapha Festive 500, which just has you ride 500 km regardless of elevation gain. If you were trying to economize your effort for that, you would be better off sticking to the flatter routes.

And, of course, if you were trying to really up the challenge, you could try doing the Rapha 500 on the mountainous routes. Maybe even do the Festive 500 all in one day but only by repeatedly going up and down the Alpe du Zwift. That would be … something. Not necessarily smart, but the m/km indicator could help you there also.

Got it. Thanks so much; no idea that’s what it was.

Wow! This is fantastic. I had no idea. I’m doing the Everest Challenge but is taking me quite awhile. I guess I was being random about it and not strategic. There is so much more that I could be doing. I just pick routes I like but maybe I need to think more about it. Thanks Weiwen, this has been super helpful