What are course/world designers working on?

I’ve been asking for Roubaix for a long time… :sparkling_heart:

Well, assuming the Olympics actually happen, we should get something related. H3ll, it should be done, ready and waiting to be released. Better yet, Zwift will have had an additional year to fine tune it due to Covid. I don’t know if it’ll be the Olympic course only or a Japan world w/multiple routes. A Japan world would be awesome, especially w/an iconic climb like Mt Fuji.

France has a lot of space. You can also see dirt roads leading off the main roads in multiple places. I don’t remember those being there when France was initially released. Either way, a France expansion would be awesome.

Innsbruck is another world with great expansion possibilities.

2 Likes

Suppose the Olympics were canceled. They’ve already put in the work, why not add it to the rotation? It would still be a cool course of historical significance. When I ride Innsbruck or Yorkshire, for example, it’s not super-important to me the World Championships were actually raced there; it was a world championship course, and that’s good enough.

Yeah, and same thing with the Worlds course in Aigle from last year that was almost certainly pretty much complete before the event was moved to Imola.

1 Like

I’m also looking for expansions and new worlds.
After roughly 8 months what I have left are these very long routes. I’ve seen pretty much all places. It’s just getting boring. While having some imagination they could come up with so many interesting things. Tron-like-digital world, sci-fi world, cyberpunk, more variety of ancient worlds, there are ruins in the jungle, but there could be for instance some ancient greece type ruins or japanese temples passing through Japanese town at night with samurai fighting by the road or geishas cheering you up along the way. Perhaps some fantasy lord of the rings type world. Cycling along colorado river and along great canyons, going through Bryce Canyon and Arches Park and Zion National Park (Sand desert part of Watopia could be easily expanded with these type of places). Santorini type of towns around the island. The imaginative worlds can be so much fun. It could be all within Watopia. Use your imagination guys.

In addition they should enable more worlds at once to spread these insane busy crowds a little bit. At times the constant crowds are just disturbing and distracting. New York for example being actually really cool world is way too busy. Or at least allow filtering it down or have multple worlds replicas.

2 Likes

YES! I’d ride “The Shire to Mount Doom” route daily.

2 Likes

I just rode a mini Giro Dell’ Emilia course on RGT, which includes two repetitions of the San Luca climb, continuing past the RGT finish and descending back to Bologna not far from the base. At the least, Zwift could complete this finishing circuit. GCN has excellent coverage of the 2019 race.

1 Like