Was my Stage 3 ride the wrong course?

I had the same problem. I signed up for 7 PM CET but the app quickly became unresponsive right after start and I didn’t see the other cyclists. It did however look like I was going up Box hill before I gave up and closed my Android app and signed up for 9 PM instead. This time it worked better, but the app was still lagging. I was sent up Box Hill again and continued up Box Hill and Keith Hill. Wasn’t sure if I was in the race and ended the ride after 20 km. No email after the ride and I guess it wasn’t confirmed.

It’s really frustrating considering I also don’t have any resistance on my trainer (I know, different issue). I have the latest Android version 1.0.32519 on my tablet Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus.

I rode Stage 3 at 12 today and got sent the wrong way, gave me a position during the race but no credit at the end. Rode further than I had to to try and get the credit for finishing. I had to end the race myself or I’d still be goin now!

Hi Vincent
I had the same issie with Stage 3 at 17:00 yesterday - routed to Box hill and did the same lap 3 times, quit after about 40k when. Could I be credited please.

I had the same issue at noon ET on Tuesday. Took me up Box hill and ended after 9.4 miles. I did get an email saying I credit but obviously that’s not the point. I then tried again at 4pm and had the same issue as I noticed right off the bat it was showing a 9.4 mile course. Tried exiting and entering several times and got the same thing every time. Note this was on an AppleTV. As my wife was now 4 miles into the stage I decided to try to pull it up on my iPhone and it actually gave me the full course but put me 5 or 6 miles in. So I still didn’t ride it all start to finish but at least I got to do the last 16 miles. As another note I noticed that my AppleTV downloaded and installed a new version of Zwift while I was on my iPhone. Not sure if that will fix the issue but hoping I don’t encounter the same issues with stage 4.

I had the same issue and made a separate post. I did the distance and the climbing in the hopes that it would count toward the S3 compete. A little frustrating as I was hoping to place well.

Same happened to me, at the first junction in London me a few others pealed off left and headed straight to Surrey hills. After 4 hill climbs and over 2,500 ft of climbing I couldn’t take anymore.
U-turn option and change of direction not working so had no choice really just stayed with it and hoped it would still register, but no joy.
How about Zwift start a ride every hour due to the amount of people wanting to ride, is it a volume of riders causing the problem?

Ive tried twice to complete stage 3. The first time i went nearly 30 miles before giving up ever hitting the finish line, the second time I gave up not long after being separated from the peloton.

The exact same thing happened to me just now. I too am using an android phone. I think I’m starting to see a trend…swift is not compatible to android?

Tried again tonight at 6 PM Pacific. Same wrong route. And no progress bar for event. Deleted app and reinstalled on 2 different devices. Also restarted modem and router. Tried signing up in the companion app, in the game itself, and through swift hacks. I have started and restarted multiple events. I even changed my underwear. I’m out of ideas. And time. This is the last night for stage 3. Very disappointed.

Hi

I had the same problem, tried stage 3 twice yesterday 0700 & 1400, both times sent the wrong way with no way of turning round or re-routing, ended up riding up Box hill twice before giving up. Also tried the day before when I didn’t even start at the start line. I was entered was wearing the TDZ kit but was placed a a couple of km away from the start, I waited for the bunch joined but had to do the routing myself, completed it but was not given the credit I have done it. Was riding on android.

anche a me lo stage 3 non è stato assegnato causa percorso sbagliato…

This happened to me on Stage 3 also. The first two stages worked fine for me. I went ahead and rode 22.6 miles on the wrong route (mostly uphill). Can I have credit for Stage 3 please? Any suggestions for preventing this (joining the event early, etc.) would be appreciated. It does not appear to be an Android issue as I see comments from Apple users posted with the same issue. Thanks.

Ok, so happened to me as well (routed the wrong way) on the 8pm run yesterday on the Keith hill route - stage three. Both previous were fine. Hope it still counts as it was hard work, stopped after 40k with no finish line in sight… Thanks

edit: used tacx vortex smart and samsung galaxy tab s4

Same thing here…Did 3 rounds on Box Hill while everyone went other directions, too. Did the mileage and hoping could get credited, too. Thank you!!

I was in 9th until about mile 6 when Zwift sent me and quite a few others up Box Hill. It only made me do 5 more miles and then gave me 1st on the stage?

A little frustrating as it launched me up the ZwiftPower leader boards. I’ve been finishing top 50 and was hoping to have a legit result.

Hey all, in case you did not see our post earlier in this thread, I’ve created a Known Issues post for the misrouting and lack of credit. You can read it here: https://forums.zwift.com/t/tour-de-zwift-credit/20277