Warmup and events should produce separate FIT files

(Steffen Fischer) #1

When doing an event (group ride, race, etc.) with a free ride warmup before, Zwift is producing one single FIT file. When importing this in e.g. runalyze, the file contains jumps between locations (when user is beamed to start) that messes up distance, etc. Also, the warmup and the event can not be distinguished. Better would be to separate the activities and produce and upload two FIT files. Could also be a setting to allow combined or separate activities.

(Nigel Doyle) #2

All I know is when I do an event that Strava lists 2 rides. One being whatever I did before the event and the event itself from when the gun goes off. These rides can be downloaded From Strava and uploaded to other sites e.g. Trainerroad. Zwift is splitting these rides up for me. I don’t have to do anything. Pretty sure it also creates 2 fit files in the activities folder. You do however get just one log file that combines warm-up and the event.

(Steffen Fischer) #3

I definitely only have one file from my event on Saturday. But: your post rings a bell for me: if I remember correctly, it depends how long the warmup phase is if two or only one file are being produced.

(Nigel Doyle) #4

From memory if your warmup is under 2km it doesn’t get sent to Strava.

(Donald Groen) #5

Not sure if Steffen is using Strava.
But if he is, he can also split the file: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/221033867-Activity-Split-Tool

(Steffen Fischer) #6

Thanks! I used fitfiletools to cut off the warmup.